sport Scholarship

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
guest1

sport Scholarship

Post by guest1 »

I am thinkng of going for a sport scholarship at Northwood College next year.

Is there anyone out there got a sport scholarship at this school and what did it entail.

Post by Guest »

My child tried for a sport scholarship at a different school. They looked at your whole ability at sports, not just your choosen sports.

Girls- netball, hockey, rounders, tag, swimming

Boys- football, hockey, cricket, swimming. I saw a programme on the tv about this. The included some mid distane running.

Best of luck
guest1

sport Scholarship

Post by guest1 »

My daughter does a number of different - she has a weatlh of medals. She also runs for the borough.

Do they look at their acheivements also - i had have heard of children getting in for tennis - not sure of any other sport.

Post by Guest »

I guess it depends on the school. We were not asked for this, even though swimming was our main sport. She was not asked or tested for times.
guest1

sport Scholarship

Post by guest1 »

Thanks for information - my daughter main sport is swimming also but she intends to get asked to join other sports because she puts her heart into everythings she does.

Just been approach to take up netball for the borough, after a coach came and was coaching the school netball team.

What was your choosen school criteria for applying for a sport scholarship?

Are you waiting to hear if your daughter got the sport scholaship for this September - if so all the best.
ik

Post by ik »

We applied for sports scholarship at Latymer upper. We had fill in a form. The main criteria was that you represented at district level. They dont adhere strictly to this. My daughter was invited for trials. She is a very goodswimmer and current north westminster, high jump chamion.

Google latymer upper school. look at admissions, then schlorship.

However, she is warned me that she would not get a scholarships, as the girls she tried with were better than her.

I told her it was not the end of the world. Going for far, is also a success in itself. We are waiting
guest1

sport Scholarship

Post by guest1 »

IK,

Your daughter should not worry - on the ASA site you can get the ranking of children in swimming so if the school is clever enough they would look up each child and see if they are ranked in the sport they are best at.
guest1

sport Scholarship

Post by guest1 »

Ik - any news

Any got response from schools today - friend of mine got two offers!

She is over the moon because one was offering a scholarship

Post by Guest »

She got 4 offers but no scholarship. She warned me before hand. I wish I did my homework before. I assumed it will be just be swimming.

I am really proud of her. She got into collegiate which she is really keen on.

Thank you for asking.

Best wishes,
IK
guest1

Independent shcools in middlesex

Post by guest1 »

IK,

Congrats - North London rank high on the league table. Sorry about the scholarships - they are hard to come by. My daughter got two offers - one with a scholarship.

We did not get an interview at North London - was not on our list as the top school we wanted; however a bit surprise she did not get an interview. The reason also was questionable but hey she got two offers and i am proud of her.

You can apply for a bursary in November anyway.