112 maths

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
clopclippetyclop

112 maths

Post by clopclippetyclop »

Hi, My daughter failed the 11 plus. Her scores were : VR 114, NVR 124 and Maths 112. She had to score 117 in each and 360 in total. I am considering an appeal as we do have what I consider to be mitigating circumstances. My daughter has been treated for suspected vasculitis over the last two years resulting in a lot of absence from school. Then, on 20th May she broke her wrist in a playground accident and had her arm in plaster for nearly six weeks. In the second week of June she sat her SATS using a scribe. I believe this set her back. I have asked the head teacher to support our appeal but her words were " Sorry, not with a maths score of 112". However, I have since learned that she is supporting another chid that only scored 100!!!! Please can someone help and advise?? Thank you - Wits' end
Seaside Mum

Help please

Post by Seaside Mum »

Hi ClippityClop, not sure why no-one has answered your post yet? Im new to this too but have been given a good website to try where you can ring and get advice. I have PM it to you. I think a lot depends on where you live!
Good luck
Sally-Anne

Re: Help please

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Seaside Mum
Seaside Mum wrote:Hi ClippityClop, not sure why no-one has answered your post yet?
The answer is that we are all unpaid volunteers, with real lives, jobs and families to attend to.

Although I try to check the forum for new posts in my main areas of interest on an hourly basis, I cannot do that 24/7. I don't mean to be sarcastic in any way, but it is important that people understand that. We do realise that Appeals are urgent for parents and we reply as soon as we can.

Dear clopclippetyclop

I have not yet had time to consider your case, but either Etienne or I will do so as soon as possible.

Best wishes to you both

Sally-Anne
Seaside Mum

Post by Seaside Mum »

Hi Sally-Anne, I was actually aiming that at other parents not the moderators, I know you have a lot to do and a great job you do too! Just seemed strange that no-one had responded yet when she seemed so desperate, which is why I tried to (in a very feeble way!) lol
Seaside Mum
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Very sorry not to post, as an unsuccesful appellant a year ago, not in your area, don't have much to help, except that am reading and supporting , wishing the OP and seaside mum ( would love to live by the seaside :lol: ) all the very best. My own child's problem was the opposite, very good at maths, not so good at literacy (although 1 year on, weirdly acheiving level 6 a ) . Just make the appeal with all the help that's on here, do the best you can, and fingers crossed all will work out, and if not, well we are still here a year on, coping and probably strangely accepting of our fate. It's not all bad, even if it seems it just now. Good luck :lol:
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

So sorry no-one responded to you sooner Clippetyclop, I suspect others, like me, didn't know how to respond so said nothing. Not our usual friendly response I'm afraid :oops:

Sally-Anne's on your case now, you'll be well looked after.

Good luck :D
clopclippetyclop

Hi Seaside mum
Thank you so much for your kind reply. The website you recommended is amazing - I had no idea people like this existed! I shall contact them first thing Monday morning and let you know how I get on. Got to give it my best shot so here goes! X X
clopclippetyclop

Hi Sally-Anne and Etienne
Thanks for your reply. I can't believe you go to all this trouble for nothing! You are a very rare breed and people like myself are indebted to you. I feel as though I'm hanging off a cliff at the moment and it's a very scary and lonely place! I shall watch this space for an SOS
X
clopclippetyclop

Hi Looking for help
Thanks for responding to my message. Im so pleased to hear that your child is doing so well. It gives me great hope. Myself and my daughter are still licking our wounds but let's face it - worse things happen. Though I say it myself (!) my daughter's such a sweetie she gets loads of big hugs from her friends and I'm sure she'll do just fine in life whichever school she ends up in. Hope your child continues to thrive too. Best wishes. X
clopclippetyclop

Hi Snowdrops
Great to hear from you! I was beginning to feel invisible to be honest but help is rolling in now! It's also good to hear from unsuccessful appellants whos children were just late starters. Whatever the outcome it has to be worth a try but I just wish it was all over and I could stop feeling sick. Thanks again. X
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now