Allocation date: Postcode lottery

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

bromley mum

Allocation date: Postcode lottery

Post by bromley mum »

Like so many other things allocation date seems to be a postcode lotter too. People in Lanc and Birmingham have already had their allocations (ref. posts on this forum). Why are the rest of us in the dark? Bromley for example insists they will not reveal the allocation before 2nd March. Knowing some parts of the country know already has just icreased my anxiety 10 times. Makes a mokery of NATIONAL allocation date, doesn't it? Those of you who have found out today please don't take this personally. I am just finding these last few days very hard to get through.
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

It really isn't fair. I'm very lucky to be in the right area this time, but I was shocked to find that Lancashire was seemingly ignoring the the National allocation day.

The email we recived says that letters have been posted first class today too, so may even arrive Sat a.m. :shock:
Yet LEA website still says
When will my child be allocated a secondary school place?

Offers of secondary school places will be issued on Monday 1st March 2010. Online applicants will also receive an email informing them that they can access their school offer after 8.00 pm on the day of issue of offer letters.
:?: :?: :?:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10100;430/st/20100902/e/DD+Starts+Senior+School/dt/5/k/bbdb/event.png[/img]
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

It's a very stressful time Bromley Mum, I remember it well from last year.

As you say, these comments are nothing personal, but it does seem unfair that some get to know earlier than others and even in the context of the authority disseminating the information on 2nd March itself, that too is unfair because some authorities use email and some don't.

But there are so many variances of the 11+ across the country it would be really difficult to pull them all into line.

Take heart, you waiting will soon be over.
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

Thankyou Nathair and Snowdrops. I know I am not the only one in this situation. What I can't understand is if everyone will do what they like then why call it National allocation day? Just let every authority decide for themselves and then we will know that some will find out before others. They make a big deal of the fact that the whole country will find out on the same day and then this happens. OK, Deep breath. Rant over. I think I shall watch some Friends now (Rachel and Ross are on a break. Or are they?!!) to take my mind off this.
BB248

Post by BB248 »

bromley mum

I'm not sure if the info we see in Brum IS right - certainly we're not supposed to know anything until the early hours / minutes of 1 March, but I do so agree that it does seem unfair & actually a wee bit daft not to let people know on Friday night so that we would all have a weekend with our DC to get them used to the news before they have to go into school on Monday. I'm so uncertain about the info I see that I'm not going to breath a word to my DC until the official email comes. I'm grateful that I have this website so at least the possibility of a result can be mentioned here!
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

Well we did indeed receive the letter this morning :shock: It's really strange that Lancs has bucked the trend :?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10100;430/st/20100902/e/DD+Starts+Senior+School/dt/5/k/bbdb/event.png[/img]
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

Now Kent have their results up as well. AHHHH! This wait is killing me!
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

bromley mum wrote:Now Kent have their results up as well. AHHHH! This wait is killing me!
Went and had a look on the Bucks website .... nothing :(

It's definitely a 2-day wait here!!! :shock:
Heartmum x x x
greenwichmum

Post by greenwichmum »

Hi Bromley Mum, I feel the same as you... The wait is hard enough without knowing that Kent and others already know!! I have no choice but to wait and am glad for those who know but it's diffucult to stay calm!!
jules63

Waiting.....**** ...but a clean house

Post by jules63 »

Monday 1st March and I accosted the postman at the door - nothing just a pile of junk mail :( .....Then, to make it worse I got a call from DS's best friends mum with his results (great news he got in to the Grammar!!). It appears that those who completed the admisisons online could check results on-line this morning. We were afraid to apply on line as we had read about another regions computers going down at the critical moment for several days. I called the admissions office and they are only mailing out paper results today - so they might arrive tomorrow or Wednesday-aaahhh!
I've had a weep - scrubbed the kitchen floor and I'm just off to clean the bathrooms ...then I might be able to concentrate enough to finish the executive report for work I am supposed to be writing today. Waiting is **** :evil:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now