chigwell or forest school?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
belbuck

chigwell or forest school?

Post by belbuck »

Any suggestions, experiences, insights welcome please! Dd has been offered places at Forest and Chigwell School - I have been slightly disarmed by another parent's stories about Forest being less 'supportive' to girls in some cases... Not sure which one to go for... Dd loves both - we'll go for another look round this week - any suggestions? thanks.
dodger

Post by dodger »

I don't know anything about Forset but Chigwell has a really supportive ethos, looking at nurturing the 'whole child' not just getting great exam results. The head teacher is excellent.
Minou

Post by Minou »

Hi Belbuck,

You should maybe visit both school again if not done so already....

I cannot comment on Chigwell ......
but Forest looks like a school that as well as academia ... they look at the arts music etc . They would like treat each child as an individual on their own merits. They are giving me the impression that they would look at all aspects of their character and strengths.

If your child would want a more personal touch then this is a good school. They seem to want to promote art music etc etc as well as academia which for us is important too. The school has a friendly atmosphere and the environment has space but also feels like a unit! The head during our second viewing was happy to give a one-to-one to answer any specific questions we may have.
It is single-sex education to 16 but that does not bother me as they play and do activities together. And if continue to 6th form then its Co-Ed again.
Only drawback that I can see is parking.... very limited so would prob have to drop and go if driving. Results are not as good as its rival but not bad in comparison to the whole scale of things.
Do let me know which one you pick?? As I have to pick between Bancroft and Forest :) ...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now