what happens now

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
chelmsford dad

what happens now

Post by chelmsford dad »

if youve been allocated your first choice , how do you accept it? or do they assume you are accepting unless they hear otherwise, what is the procedure?
brainiac

Post by brainiac »

Hi, you will get your school information in the post and you have a certain time period to officially accept for the grammar place.

I hope the cchildren are waking up with the news they wanted to hear :lol:
chelmsford dad

thanks

Post by chelmsford dad »

we did , still in shock , thought there was a chance but new to the expereince so really didnt know what to think :o
brainiac

Post by brainiac »

Very well done. As I said previously, a big bundle of school information will arrive, if I remember correctly (from last year) at some point this week. Its very exciting!!! :D :D :D
NOTLEY PARENTS

Re: thanks

Post by NOTLEY PARENTS »

chelmsford dad wrote:we did , still in shock , thought there was a chance but new to the expereince so really didnt know what to think :o
Yes, we are sill in shock too. :D :D
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Hi,
Will have to be brief as out to work very soon.Well done again everyone. :D
Last year the procedure was that they assumed you wanted your first place unless you returned the letter to say you didn't.
To anyone who got their second choice grammar or other, you are automatically placed on the waiting list.When your offer letter comes you will be given a date, usually a week, when you can ring up and see where you are on the list.Remember your place in the ranking is not neccessarily a sure indication of your place on the waiting list.Rankings will come in the next day or even today from CSSE.
E.G ranked 145 could be 5 th on the waiting list as others had different first choices to you.

Although you applied by e mail, you still get a letter to explain it all from Essex CC. Tomorrow you will get an info pack from the school with all the forms and prices :D of uniforms etc.
I am back in the afternoon if anyone wants to pm me, either about the process or about Chelmsford CCHs where my two are.

Off topic a bit -I keep looking at the numbers who have read this thread and yet so few have posted.My heart goes out to those reading this who feel despondant because of disappointing news.Don't despair there is always movement on lists.Someone on the Essex thread got a place at CCHS two years ago, a day before term started and several in the summer.
essex-mum18

Re: thanks

Post by essex-mum18 »

chelmsford dad wrote:we did , still in shock , thought there was a chance but new to the expereince so really didnt know what to think :o
Hi,Chelmsford dad

Many congratulations and well done to your DS. As Brainiac says, you will receive lots of information from the school in this coming week. By the mean time , have a wonderful day!!

essexmum18
Notley Mum

Post by Notley Mum »

Congratulations to all who got and commiserations to those who didn't.

We were also in shock this time last year, but it was because DD didn't get in, so I know exactly how it feels to be so dissapointed especially after all their hardwork - the results on the day just didn't reflect previous assessments.

However like Chelmsford Mum has said, if you're feeling disappointed don't give up hope as it's suprising how much the waiting lists move. Last year we had to wait about 3 weeks before we could phone up the LEA to see if DD was on the waiting list. I didn't think she could be because she was ranked 145th, however it appears she was only 7th on the list and within 2 weeks was offered a place. It's yet another nerve racking experience but worth exploring. Don't worry about pestering the folks at the LEA, from our experience they were very understanding and helpful.

Whatever the outcome I think all the children deserve congratulations, as they must have worked very hard to even have sat an exam which many children and adults wouldn't even have attempted.

Keep smiling
:)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now