Out of my comfort zone help !!! Can you tell what it means !

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
cie72

Out of my comfort zone help !!! Can you tell what it means !

Post by cie72 »

Hi, can anyone tell me how to read the csse results please and what do they mean ? Can't check online as out of Essex cc area, and won't receive letter until Thursday, so wondered if the csse results would give an indication?

Completely new at this as you can probably tell !!!!!

Thanks

very nervous parent lol !
TP123

Post by TP123 »

Here is an excellent posting from "moved" yesterday which i found very useful. I think this is what you are looking for:

The CSSE will email you with the results . It will look something like this (with numbers for the x, y, z, etc.)

Your child’s raw scores in the three tests are as follows:
English Score x/50
Mathematics score y/38
Verbal Reasoning Score z/80
These three results are adjusted to take account of any variations in the difficulty of different papers each year and combined to produce your child's overall, standardised, weighted score of: ***

This score is used to determine your child's place on each of the "offer lists" of your chosen school. The CSSE Office has supplied the relevant Local Authority with the position of your child on each of the offer lists of the schools for which you expressed a preference. This information is shown in the table below and we also include the total number of selective applicants for each of your chosen schools.

School Preferences (alphabetical) | Total | Your | Applicants |
| Applicants | ranked | on your |
| | position |ranked list*|
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
King Edward VI Grammar School | 662 | a | 662 |
Southend High School for Boys * | 839 | b | 499 |
Westcliff High School for Boys * | 820 | c | 384 |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
moved

Post by moved »

I put up a sample on another thread last night. You will be given rankings for each of the schools. When you get yours this afternoon you can put it up on here and people will help.
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

The results might tell you!

As well as the scores you will be given a ranked position for every selective school you have applied for.

If the ranked position is less than the number admitted each year then you definately have a place (assuming its your first choice). If your ranked position is greater than the numbered admitted for any school then you may still get a place but this will depend on the number of children above your dc in the ranking who haven't put that school as their first choice. This you will not know until you get your letter.

Positions on WL are not available for about a week and you have to ring up and ask.
cie72

Post by cie72 »

Thank you x

Can't believe how nervous we are today yet through the whole process we have been pretty relaxed.

I think having to deal with online and paper applications has pushed me over the edge !
TP123

Post by TP123 »

so it is 15 minutes passed 4.30 and i dont have email from csse. Has anyone else had their email?
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

Nope, no email here either. Got to go out soon so I can't just wait around for it. Aaargh! :evil:
Last edited by First-timer on Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TP123

Post by TP123 »

Probably better that way. I just keep hitting the refresh button for my email to see when it will come in. And now wondering if I even asked for it via email and don't know how I would check to be sure :shock:
DA

Post by DA »

same here, can't do anything!!
njsecs

Post by njsecs »

Havent had mine yet either!!