FRUSTRATED

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
njsecs

FRUSTRATED

Post by njsecs »

Am really frustrated. Have not been able to log on at all. The system wont recognise my email address or mothers maiden name so cant even check my password. Have phoned the essex online admissions office but they cant help and have said I will just have to wait for the email later on today. Makes me think 'what was the point of applying online in the first place?' From past experience does anyone know what time the emails come through? Is it done alphabetically?
bc

Post by bc »

I'm having the same problem - have been trying to login all morning. I phoned and got a recorded message saying that they were having technical difficulties with the website.

I had no problem logging in two years ago for my son - the email didn't arrive until the Tuesday though!

It is really frustrating - very poor service from Essex County Council!
fairydust

Post by fairydust »

I still haven't received an e-mail, however the 11+ e-mail should come at 16.30 today. I have checked the Website for Allocation and my Dsx2 have both been given their 1st choice St Thomas More :D
bocdad

VERY FRUSTRATED

Post by bocdad »

After trying all morning I eventually phoned up the admissions office, they told me it was just because the site was busy, luckily I work in IT and managed to get transferred to the systems team, they have informed me that it is not just because how busy the site is, but because of a bug in the site, apparently if you have a – (dash) in your email address, it creates problems in the admissions site.

I also told them that I think that it is totally unacceptable that a system cannot give correct error messages, if the site is overloaded, say that! Only say that the email address or password is incorrect when that is true. I have asked why the site overloaded anyway, surely they were expecting a lot of parents to try and access the site this morning, why can't they design a site that can support every parent in Essex?

If this was a commercial site relying on the person visiting the site to log in to make a purchase you can guarantee that it would be able to cope with the numbers.

My daughter is now at school, not knowing what school she is going to whilst all her friends do.
njsecs

Post by njsecs »

My email does not have a dash in it! I totally agree with you about it being unacceptable. I had to pop into my daughters school this morning and she was very upset as most of her friens know where they are going and she is being asked if she passed ? I feel really sorry for her. If they are going to use an online system the least they can do is make sure it works!
bc

Post by bc »

I do have a dash in my email address, so I might as well stop trying to login - thanks for that info bocdad. Completely agree with your comments about the unacceptable situation.

The same email address worked fine 2 years ago! And this year they sent the email confirming my online application, using this email address, with no problems!

My twin daughters are the only ones in their school who took the 11+ as far as I know, so I'm hoping it won't be a big topic at school today. I hadn't told them about logging in to see the allocation so they weren't expecting to know today.
Gladitsover

Post by Gladitsover »

I'm having the same problem as the login doesn't recognise my mother's maiden name either. I thought surely I would know my mother's maiden name but I was beginning to doubt if I had put the correct one down! I also rang Essex and was told there was a problem with it recognising the mother's maiden name so they couldn't send out reminders of passwords. I'm still waiting for that email and it's torture!
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

Don't know if this will help - the passwords have to have at least two numbers in them. I had a similar problem last week when I checked the site was working. I had tried my usual raft of possible passwords and the "forgotten password" link to no avail. I called ECC who told me that there had to be two digits. Once I realised this and amended my attempts accordingly, I got in.
Good luck!
NOTLEY PARENTS

Post by NOTLEY PARENTS »

Gladitsover wrote:I'm having the same problem as the login doesn't recognise my mother's maiden name either. I thought surely I would know my mother's maiden name but I was beginning to doubt if I had put the correct one down! I also rang Essex and was told there was a problem with it recognising the mother's maiden name so they couldn't send out reminders of passwords. I'm still waiting for that email and it's torture!
I had this problem two weks ago and rung up to find out why I could not log on. The lady re-set my details and emailed me a password and then I could get in. It is case sensitive as well which proved difficult at the time, she informed me of what my password was and how exactly I had typed out my email address (all capitals etc) so it may be worth having a go at typing in different ways.
njsecs

Post by njsecs »

Thank you Notley Parents, have just spent the last 15 mins trying all sorts of combinations and got in. Am so chuffed DD has got first choice of CCHS....am typing through the tears!!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now