scholarships

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tammy

scholarships

Post by tammy »

what happens when some children do not accept their scholarship places. Is there a separate waiting list for these. Anyone got any ideas I know of several children who dispite being offered scolarship places will not be accepting then if their children gain grammer entry.

Post by Guest »

It depends on the school. I have been asked to let a private school know asap if we do not want to take up a scholarship as it " may be offered to a child on the [scholarship] waiting list". Initially we were told that we would have to make a decision on the scholarship (although not the place) before the 11+ results so that it could be reoffered earlier, but this has been relaxed. Problem is, we can't decide what to do....

Post by Guest »

We were in the same predicament last year. It is highly likely that there is a waiting list due to the numbers that apply and do well. In our case, the school telephoned us to ask if we were going to accept because they had children waiting. We accepted a couple days later. Our child wasnt offered a place at the grammar but was placed on the waiting list. Waiting lists, waiting lists, dont you just love em...... NOT!
guest23

scholarships

Post by guest23 »

Hi any idea how many scholerships were offered by habs, st albans and merhant taylors

I know some bright kids who did not get any. just wondering what marks would be required to get this scholarships
jayjay

scholarships

Post by jayjay »

my son got an offer from habs, MT and St Albans but scholarship from only St Albans @ 12.5%. I also wonder if anyone has inside knowledge of scholarship from MT and habs as , it would have been nice to be offered one. I dont know the standard expected either? Also, has anyone been offered a higher scholarship at St Albans as their prospectus say upto 50%?
guest23

scholarships

Post by guest23 »

well done to you son as anyhthing helps

seems mt; habs and st albans have offered a number of places but possible only offering smaller scholarships

i wonder how muh you have to score to get a scholarship
tammy

Post by tammy »

i don't know the scores however know one child got 50% for forest and another got 75% these children also got 1/4 scholarships for bancroft and city each!!!!!

How lucky however they CAN'T accept all of them. :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now