please help im panicking now

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

chelmsford dad

please help im panicking now

Post by chelmsford dad »

:? we got allocated a place at kegs (or at least i hope so) but the e-mail just came through

Your child’s raw scores in the three tests are as follows:
English Score 34/50
Mathematics score 31/45
Verbal Reasoning Score 61/80

weighted score of: 350.146

King Edward VI Grammar School | Total Applicants 703 | Your Ranked Position 146 | Applicants on your ranked list 703 |

i thought we needed to be in the top 112 ?
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

Not everyone ranked has put Kegs as their first choice, so places always go below the published number.
KCC

Post by KCC »

Did the CSSE email specifically say you got a place?

Mine got 175/703 and the email mentions nothing about. Having said that, KEGS was not our first choice.
chelmsford dad

ok

Post by chelmsford dad »

so that is 146 out of everyone that took the 11+ ? and not those who put kegs down , does that mean at least 32 or so people may have put colchester rgs or someone else down first then :? i hope we are ok as it definitely said allocated on the website and having told everyone now if this is wrong it will be terrible :oops:
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

He was 146 of all boys who put KEGS as one of their choices, not just first choice.
Yes lots apply for KEGS and CRGS as well as southend schools. As a child can only be offered one place, if he qualifies for two schools he will be allocated his first choice and the other allocation moves down the list.
chelmsford dad

Post by chelmsford dad »

kcc , doesnt mention allocation in the e-mail but definitely says allocated on the website
Notley Mum

Post by Notley Mum »

Don't worry - it's the allocation from the LEA that matters - if it says ALLOCATED your're in. The ranking from the CSSE only really matters if you've missed out and find yourself on the waiting list.

My DD was ranked 150 at CCHS last year and got in.

Congratulations :D :D
KCC

Post by KCC »

Thanks - anyone have a son who finished below 175/703 got into KEGS?

If so, means we have our first choice as KEGS was our second choice.
KB

Post by KB »

Seems to be a bit of confusion.
The LEA allocation is what matters in telling you which school your child has been given a place at.
The CSSE email shows you the results of the tests & where you are on the ranking for the school. If you did not get allocated a place at your choice of school then this information will help you re waiting lists in the coming weeks.
The CSSE give the rankings to the LEA who make the allocations.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now