Receiving Letters

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
newbie but stressed

Receiving Letters

Post by newbie but stressed »

for Wirral 11+ anyone know if you receive Results and School allocated at the same time SAME letter or different times and different letters ?

1 Week to go getting near now.

11+ exam results

Post by Guest »

Envelope recieved gives you the school the child is offered a place at (which tells you if they have passed) and a seperate letter,telling you the required score for a place and the childs score.Why does no-one post on this site I wonder!!
newbie but stressed

Hi guest,

Thanks...

Yes it is a bit quiet over on the Wirral group which is a shame because people tend to drift off if no one is posting.

I'm fearing the worst for my daugther but hopefully this time next week may be wrong..

For me it's been a uneasy past four Months since the test...
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi Guest

Lack of knowledge of the existence of this site, secrecy and misinformation are a few reasons for the few postings to the site. I wrote a letter to the Wirral Globe in November referring people on the Wirral to the site with expectancy that it would create some interest. The reponse to the article came from a teacher in Kent who basically advised parents not to bother with a site that offers "quick fix" solutions.

I also advertise in the Kids Direct magazine, which is a quarterly publication, again with direct reference to the site, but again this does not seem to generate large amounts of interest.

What is needed on the Wirral is word-of-mouth referrals, but this does not seem to happen due to the number of parents who wish to keep the fact that their child goes to a tutor or has access to 11+ information secret.

There was a great deal of effort made on this forum last year by a Wirral tutor and author of 11+ material to mislead parents into believing that certain publications were more suitable than others. This site tries to level the playing field and provide parents with accurate and honest advise. Some tutors see this as a threat to their personal business interests and where this happens their are obvious attempts to discredit.

Compared to Bucks where the same format of 11+ exists, Wirral parents are slow to start preparing their children. We do not get a surge in our student numbers until April/May and get a lot of "panic" parents who do not book their children in until September.

Finally, it is possible that parents from Wirral are posting on the forum in other areas such as the Verbal Reasoning section where subject specific questions are dealt with and on the Appeals section, particularly next week.

Regards

Mike

Post by Guest »

Hi Newbie,
I wish you daughter all the best,mine passed and is now in year 8 at West Kirby,my son will be sitting his 11+ in November,which is why I was looking at this site.I wish I had known about this site when my daughter had sat hers.
I think the whole 11+ issue on wirral is very shady,no-one really talks about it!!My kids school consider it a bad word and very few pass.Thanks for your reply Mike(hope you read this!)Anyway Newbie good luck for next week and if she's going to West Kirby she will love it!!
newbie but stressed

Hi Guest,

We have put Wirral Grammar down as first preference as we are closer to it.

But I'd take West Kirby Anyday... It's just a bit of a trek for her to go by bus.

Fingers Crossed.. Let you know how it went Friday....

Mike thanks for the post!!

NBS
wirral_wombat

Good Luck

Post by wirral_wombat »

Good luck to all Wirral parents using this site and awaiting their results this week...after all the hard work and worry I hope the results are all you hope for.

I went through all this 4 years ago with two children at once...boy/girl twins who were tutored at home and fortunately both made it to Wirral Grammar....this site did not exist then....

I have no further children to go through the system but continue to take an interest in 11+ matters.

Best wishes to all.
newbie but stressed

Hi Wirral_wombat

thanks for the interest shown here.

Read some of your posts last year which helped me this year.

I also intend to stick around and assist with the new 11+ hopefuls, pass or fail...

I also sincerely wish everyone the best of luck on the Wirral...
michelle

wirral

Post by michelle »

she passed. 268 score. west kirby grammar - here we come! We had the best tutor who managed to tutor her for 3 months only before the exam - will use this tutor again for my son in 2008!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now