Coach Billericay - Westcliff + New shenfield/Brentwood route

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Silver29

Coach Billericay - Westcliff + New shenfield/Brentwood route

Post by Silver29 »

@@@ EDIT@@@ THIS WAS FOR 2010! Now successfully up and running - best service from Billericay! Plus new route from Hutton/Shenfield/Brentwood proposed for September 2011.

This year's posts start at page 4 of this topic!

Hi all, I am currently looking into alternative transport options for a bus service from Billericay to Westcliff. The current consortium bus which my son is travelling on leaves Mayflower School at 7.18am and is arriving at Westcliff at 8am! This is far too early and I feel that the children would all benefit from an extra 15-20 minutes in bed.

The consortium bus also drops off at Southend Boys and has to be there by 8.20am - this is having a knock on effect for the Westcliff students meaning they are dropped off half an hour before they need to be in school and collected 10 minutes later than they could be for the afternoon journey.

Please spread the word to new and current Westcliff parents you may know. Anyone interested in finding out more, please PM me and I can keep you updated with my progress.

I have also spoken to First Buses to query the timetable arrangements but I doubt they will change anything.

The alternative service would be via a reputable coach company (I am currently speaking to one that already offers a Westcliff service from other areas.) I am hoping to start it from September 2010.

Thanks - please do pass on to anyone you think may be interested.
Last edited by Silver29 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Silver29

Post by Silver29 »

I have already had a few PMs expressing interest - spread the word!
gailessex

New|Billericay bus to Westcliff

Post by gailessex »

I too would be interested in an alternative bus from Billericay to WHSG.
The problem is the number of stops the bus makes. It is this factor which means the buses leave so early and I agree sleep is vital for the pupils so leaving much earlier than necessary is not ideal.
Please keep me informed of any progress.
Another worried Mum

Transport

Post by Another worried Mum »

I would be interesed, with DD currently in Y8 at WHSG. We catch another First Bus - the one which goes from the other end of Billericay, but which now stops at loads of stops in Wickford and Shotgate. This also leaves from our end of Billericay at a similar time to the Mayflower pick-up, but takes ages to get to Westcliff and is sometimes even late arriving.

I work in Southend, so know that often leaving Billericay 10 or 15 minutes later and mean arriving in Westcliff 20 or 30 minutes later, due to the build up of traffic! :(

However, for me there are other issues with the current arrangements - no guarantee of a seat on the bus; no seatbelts available; and also leaving school at the end of the day at 3.50, with lots of stops before Billericay means a very late arrival home. We are the first drop off in Billericay (second if you include Crays Hill) and usual time is 4.45pm. This makes it a really long day.

I know quite a few girls in both years 7 and 8 and WHSG and would be interested if you make any progress with this. I will PM you with my contact details! :)
Christina11

Post by Christina11 »

Hi Silver29.

My daughter has just got into Westcliff Girls and will be starting there in September.

I am very interested in a bus that only stops at Billericay and goes to Westcliff and not Southend.

I will pm you with my details.

Thanks
Christina11

Post by Christina11 »

Hi Silver29

I am probably being stupid but how do I PM you.
happydaddy

Post by happydaddy »

Hi my daughter is joining WHSG in September 2010 and I would be interested in any private service running by the Queens Park Roundabout because currently the bus she would need collects at 7.10 far too early.
Silver29

Post by Silver29 »

Thanks for all the PMs and thread replies.

I have a meeting with the coach company next week. Obviously, we will be discussing timing issues, cost, bus stop arrangements etc.

Please feel free to let me know the main bus stop most convenient to you on the current routes. However, please bear in mind the object is to cut time so the bus will probably have fewer stops than some of the current service routes. I am currently driving my son to Mayflower although our nearest stop is Sun corner! This is because he wasn't getting a seat! It is not perfect driving to a stop, I know, but if it means the children are boarding around 7.30-40 it will be worth it.

The coach company already run two successful Westcliff school services and have assured me every paying child will have a seat and all children must wear the seat belts provided.

There will be 49 spaces and the service will be viable in the short term with a minimum of 30 children. Judging by the interest I have already received this is extremely likely!

It is a possibility the coach may travel via Greens Farm Lane/ South Green/ Noak bridge. Please let me know if this would be of personal interest. I am trying to compile most desirable locations for stops.
Another worried Mum

Post by Another worried Mum »

Christina11 wrote:Hi Silver29

I am probably being stupid but how do I PM you.
Christina,

When you have logged in, go to Silver 29's message, then click on the little PM logo at the bottom of it. This will send a message directly to her and she will be able to view herself, but it won't be published on the forum for anyone else. [This means that you can send your own information (eg e-mail address), and name etc, without this being available to others.

I have sent her a message today and have already received a reply!
:)
Lost the Plot

Post by Lost the Plot »

Hello Silver

My DD is starting WHSG in September 2010 and I would be extremely interested in a direct route from Billericay to the school. As I live in Ingatestone my current plan is the 502 First Bus from Gooseberry Green, Billericay.

Many thanks :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now