St Helens- Northwood- Reserve list

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

kentonmum

St Helens- Northwood- Reserve list

Post by kentonmum »

Hi I was wondering if anybody out there knows anything about the reserve list at St Helens in Northwood. My DD desperately wants this school and she is on the reserve list, I am so anxious as to whether there is any chance of her obtaining a place. I would really be gratefull if anybody has any experience of it or knows what my DD chances are in actually obtaing a place. Thanks
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi - with all indies it depends how much they have over offered. This will to some extent deprend on their experience in previous years - ie if they had lots of people turning them down and were left with gaps.

If they have heavily over offered they may not go to the waiting list however I think relatively few schools are in that comfortable situation.
You will find that by the end of this week there may have been considerable movemen on the list as people recieve offers from state schools of their choice.

Most indies will want to be full and are worried at this stage that they won't be - I;ve been hearing sagas of plenty of nagging phone calls this week wanting to know whether they are taking the place - ie trying to get them to commit to the indie place.

So I think they will want to keep you on side and hence if you ring and ask
a) how many children are on the list
b) where is your DD on the list and
c) how many have they taken off the list in the past years?

Good luck and come back to us.. might een get some more info from someone who knows the school well..
kentonmum

Post by kentonmum »

Thanks for your reassurring post. I bugged the school regaring their reserve list and they said it was less than 20!

I agree all this depends on how many places they have offered in the first place and I guess if they offer double to the amount of places, they only need a 50% take up to be secure. I will ring the school again and see if they have had much movement today especially since all the other school results came out yesterday.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now