eleven plus!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wiltshire (Wilts)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
totogrimm

eleven plus!

Post by totogrimm »

Is there any way my step son can resit the 11+ this year to attend bw or similar in the area? he had recently moved up here when he sat the exam and wasn't at his best. any helpful advice gratefully recieved!!!!
hermanmunster

Re: eleven plus!

Post by hermanmunster »

totogrimm wrote:Is there any way my step son can resit the 11+ this year to attend bw or similar in the area? he had recently moved up here when he sat the exam and wasn't at his best. any helpful advice gratefully recieved!!!!
Hi totogrim welcome to the forum. I think that you will find that a child cannot take the 11 plus again in the same area if they have not acheived the passmark. They can usually be assessed for admission in later years if they have any spaces - but only once in each year.

If you feel that he could have done better and have good evidence of his academic ability and info about extenuating circumstances then you could try appealing now. Have a read of the info at the beginning of the "appeals" section.

best wishes
herman
totogrimm

Post by totogrimm »

Thanks herman, will investigate the appeals thingie
wiltsman

Post by wiltsman »

hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

thanks wiltsman - problem is that totogrimm's dc took the exam this year I think and they are not able to reassess for at least one academic year
wiltsman

Post by wiltsman »

hermanmunster wrote:thanks wiltsman - problem is that totogrimm's dc took the exam this year I think and they are not able to reassess for at least one academic year
Right. Apart from going to appeal, that is the only way to have a second chance, as far as I know. There won't be another sitting of the exam this academic year.