buying a school tie

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ciren mum

buying a school tie

Post by ciren mum »

I went to Cheltenham today and thought I would buy my son his new school tie (Pates) to celebrate the offer letter. I found out that you buy them in a shop called 'Famous of Cheltenham...menswear, schoolwear and sportswear'. It is opposite Primark...

Has anybody else been in there? It was a really grand looking shop with really grand looking sales people. It took all my courage to ask for the tie. I was given it tissue wrapped with a beautifully hand written receipt. There was no till. They put my money, wrapped in paper, in a kind of wooden lift and the change appeared 'as if by magic' in this lift thing.

Can't imagine a lot of small boys running about in there.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

:lol:

it's been like that since I first started Secondary school, which is over 40 years go.. I think I got my Brownie uniform there too,
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Oh, unfortunately DC has it's own shop and I want to go into your one! Harumph! :evil:
capers123

Post by capers123 »

My wife bought her Pates uniform in The Famous back in 197x
Capers
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

wonderful - don't mind spending money in a place like that!
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

go and visit it Tipsy, they are a real "outfitters", sell all sorts of things like fine wool socks and gents handkerchieves!
Milla

Post by Milla »

it's great - and there's a name for that chute thing the money goes in only I can't remember what it is :? :shock:
I remember having to come to Cheltenham, to the top of the Prom for uniform, when at school at Badminton in Bristol. Something bizarrely unhelpful about all this that I just love, none of this egalitarian making things easy. No, beautifully esoteric and tricksy.
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/47/47055t4vjrz296r.gif[/img]
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

at least it makes more sense than one of the only 2 retailers for Folkestone School for Girls being in Walthamstow.
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

I like that idea Cirenmum, might try that one with my DS on Saturday. He is off to Pates as well :)
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Did you go to Badminton Milla! :shock:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now