11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
platterpuss

CCHSG rank order question!!!

Post by platterpuss »

My DD got
30/50 E
28/45 M
65/80 VR Weighted score 346.65

Overjoyed with place at County High but can anyone explain the rank order to me? I am aware there were only 120 places so why did she get in being number 129?

SHSG 40
WHSG 71
KB

Post by KB »

The rank order is of all who applied to a particular school.
Not all those above your DD in the rank order will have put CCHS as their first choice so they will have been allocated other schools, thereby leaving places open to those ranked lower,
moved

Post by moved »

Hi Platterpuss,

This is her allocation amongst all the children who applied to the school, not those who were allocated a place. Your places of 40 and 71 for the other two schools will affect the position of children who are offered a place.

Sorry KP you must have been posting as I was reading.
platterpuss

Post by platterpuss »

Oh I see, suspected it was along those lines! First time for 11 plus can of worms...
So what number would have been the cut off point to get in?
KM

Post by KM »

It is normally somewhere around the 150 mark. If you phone the CSSE they will tell you.
nutkin

Post by nutkin »

Is this for Chelmford or Colchester (I'm assuming Chelmsford as the Southend Schools also applied for?)
KM

Post by KM »

I was presuming Chelmsford, nutkin but I don't know. My dd is at Chelmsford so when I see "CCHS" I automatically think Chelmsford, forgetting that Colchester could be called CCHS too!
platterpuss

Post by platterpuss »

Thanks for all your help! I was referring to Chelmsford. There seems to be a lot of confusion amongst my friends, and myself, why can't we all be supplied with an 11 plus Haynes manual type guide when we apply?