Ev!en MORE mock sats

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Midget Man

Ev!en MORE mock sats

Post by Midget Man »

I just wondered if this is normal across all school's because at Midget's they say mocks in November and they are now sitting even more mocks this week!!
Surely they could learn so much more being taught in lesson's rather than the school focusing on just mocks and more mocks to get the result's they want at the final one's. I just feel the kids are missing out on so many hours of learning just to satisfy their school's results . :(
cairo

Post by cairo »

Yes, in my son's school it's exactly the same. So they did end of Y5 SATs in May 2009, mock Y6 SATs in Nov 09 and another lot of mock Y6 SATs this week (March 2010.)

Seems like overkill to me, but I guess they'll be well-prepared by the time they actually do the real thing!
Gman

Post by Gman »

No of 3 schools in Trafford where they have set multiple mock exams, and are now working through SATs booster packs.

Do wonder what yr 6 is for if the 11+ is completed by the end of October. The cynic in me would say its about the schools position in the league tables.
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

It certainly is about the school's position on the league tables. Doing a mock I can understand but it is not necessary to continually do more, feel quite sad for the kids and no wonder they are bored, I would be too :lol: