Clement Danes Waiting List - Help Needed Please

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
*** CONFUSED !!! ***

CLEMENT DANES WAITING LIST - HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Post by *** CONFUSED !!! *** »

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is happy with their school allocation.

My DC is 3rd on the Academic Waiting list (and 7th on Music Waiting list) for the first choice school - Clement Danes.

My two questions are:

1. Could anyone (with experience), please tell me what the chances are of my DC being offered a place at CD, based on either the Academic Waiting list (position 3) or the Music Waiting list (position 7)?

2. If another child, who did not originally rank CD in their chosen 3 schools, now decides to be on the Continuing Interest List for CD, and they scored higher than my DC on their VR / Maths, would this mean my DC would drop DOWN on the waiting list. ie. would said child jump in front of mine on the CD CI list?

I would be very grateful for anybody's input.

Thanks ever so much.
Knowledge is power

watfordmum66

Post by watfordmum66 »

Hi,

If you go onto the Clement dane School website they have a " frequently asked questions " page which I think states how far the waiting list went to last year.
Would try and copy the link for you but for some reason silly computer will not allow me to.

My understanding of the C.I lists is that people who have scored higher than you would " leap frog " you in the list. At this stage it really is a false list.
Also do remember that some people will not wish to stay on the list as will be happy with their allocation.

Good Luck.
newgirl

Post by newgirl »

I know three people who turned down music places last year (all got private schools on their music abiliity), so you may be in with a good chance as I would assume the same sort of thing happens on the academic list.

Where are you on the location list?
raceytracey

Post by raceytracey »

Hi

If your child is that high on the continuing interest list they will more than likely get in.

There were huge changes last year right up until just before they started back in September.

Remember people have not yet confirmed their places yet so anything can happen. I would think you should hear soon. Good luck
x
*** CONFUSED !!! ***

Hi Watfordmum66

Thanks for replying to my post.

I've been on the FAQ page for Clement Danes, but unfortunately I can't find any information about the waiting list for last year ..... so, if you can point me in the right direction (or if anyone else can), I would be very grateful.

Your response to my question 2 was what I feared, meaning my DC could be moved DOWN :-( ... this strikes me as a bit unfair, in some ways. Indeed a friend of mine said "but isn't that cheating the system?"

It's confusing because I have heard different things from different people.

I really appreciate your response to my questions ... thanks ever so much.

PS: I hope you got what you wanted (sorry, but don't know your personal choices, as not been keeping an eye on the forum that much lately).

Best wishes x
Knowledge is power

*** CONFUSED !!! ***

Hi raceytracey

Thanks for responding to my post.

That's really encouraging to hear that my DC stands a good chance of getting in ... guess we will just have to sit tight and wait, but it doesn't stop me wanting to know how things went in previous years ... think I'm too curious for my own good sometimes ! :D

I didn't originally include the details about my DC's position on the distance waiting list because its number 181, so there's two hopes on that: Bob Hope and No Hope ! ... lol.

So, basically we are hoping that the Academic and Music waiting lists will move.

Thanks ever so much for your words of encouragement.

I'm not sure if you are doing secondary transfer this year or not (as not been on the forum that much lately), but if you are, then I hope you got what you wanted.

Best wishes x
Knowledge is power

watfordmum66

Post by watfordmum66 »

hi Racey Tracey,

How's your DD enjoying school nice to see a post from you.

Confused Do not have a child this year but waited for lists to move last year so know how it feels :wink:
winnie

Post by winnie »

Hi Confused, I have been 'lurking' on this site and hope I can help with your question. My dc was 7th on the academic list at St CD this time last year. We moved to 1st position after reallocation and then the day after receiving that letter I got a call from admissions to offer a place. Be aware though that St CD took ages to send out their reallocation letters...it was almost April before we heard anything.
Fingers crossed for you! It's a wonderful school but not often mentioned in this forum. My dc is very, very happy there.

PS I don't know how much further the waiting list ran last year, although a classmate said they got a place in July. My dc said that one child didn't turn up last year on the first day. Hope this helps other CD hopefuls.
*** CONFUSED !!! ***

Hi again watfordmum66

I should make clear that we are happy with our allocated school, which we ranked 2nd, but not as happy as if DC had been offered our 1st ranked school (Clement Danes). This is because CD would be much more suited to my DC's personality and more importantly, to my DC's needs.

However, I also realise that we are VERY lucky to be in the position that we are : for months I had terrible visions of not getting any of the 3 choice schools, and I had very big worries that my DC would be allocated a non-ranked shool.

My DC's results have just brought home how incredibly proud of my DC I am, particularly as my DC did a "crash course" of VR within about 5 weeks, just before the exam.

So, the best bit of news to us really was how well DC had done. That, in itself was the best news of it all.

So, here I am asking these questions on this wonderful forum, still anxious ... lol ... some people are never grateful ! ... :wink:

Guess we shall just have to play the "waiting game", but questions and worries don't stop popping into my head ... lol. Add those together with an already confused person, and it makes for a VERY dizzy, confused person ... :lol:

Just so glad I found this absolutely wonderful forum - it provides so much reassurance, knowledge and warmth, and for that I am EXTREMELY grateful.

Thank you to you ALL.

Knowledge is power

*** CONFUSED !!! ***

newgirl wrote:I know three people who turned down music places last year (all got private schools on their music abiliity), so you may be in with a good chance as I would assume the same sort of thing happens on the academic list.

Where are you on the location list?

Hi newgirl

Thanks for your response - somehow I stupidly forgot to reply to you personally ... I do apologise.

DC is at 181 on Distance, but then we knew that the chances of getting in CD on distance were extremely unlikely, so we were putting our hopes on the academic side or music side of things.

Your news of what happened last year is encouraging to read ... we will keep our fingers crossed (and everything else too ... :wink: ).

I really appreciate you relaying the information ... your news, along with other peoples' input is providing us with hope :)

Best wishes x
Knowledge is power

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now