Question about school distances

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Bomper

Question about school distances

Post by Bomper »

Does anyone know if they put the distances each secondary school went out to this year on the Bexley Website? :D
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Yes they do. I have already emailed the council to ask them to put the distances on the website asap. They will do so but they are snowed under at the moment with all the acceptances, appeals etc. I was told that it will probably take about a month before it's done.
Bomper

Post by Bomper »

Thanks Tracy, will keep an eye out!! :D
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

I'm interested in this too as it looks to me as if Bexley Grammar have gone out much further than they normally do this year.
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

BM2 - interesting - if you are right I would hazard a guess that the reason is because the Bexley kids are deemed non-selective when in fact they are perfectly able kids, then of course, unable to gain entry.
electro

BG

Post by electro »

It interesting regarding the extended distants of GS, a friend of mine visted with their child this weekend who attends BGS, a student in their class lives in Becton!!!!!! :?
bbb

Post by bbb »

The child might be top 180. On the other hand, once they have got the 11+ result some families rent out their homes for a year or so, rent as near as possible to BGS simply to get a place and then move back.