Newstead Wood Score

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

chismum

Newstead Wood Score

Post by chismum »

My dd has been offered a place at Newstead :D but wants to know her score. Can we find out? At the very least, can anyone tell me the pass mark. :?:
when the process will end

Post by when the process will end »

email the admissions team or give the school a call.
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

Cut off was 223. Individual scores of successful candidates will not be revealed as they want all girls to start on an equal footing in sept and not compare marks with each other.
crazydaisy

Post by crazydaisy »

Someone has suggested to me that we can ring the school and ask whether our DD is 'in the top or bottom half of the scores'. I honestly don't feel inclined as I'm not sure what the point is, except possibly to let the school know to watch out for a madly competitive Mum! Now I really can't wait to see her in her uniform. It's going to be quite difficult to keep the momentum going for the next term and a half isn't it? Feel like it's summer hols already (until I look at the frost on the car...) :roll:
PW Mum

Post by PW Mum »

Crazydaisy know how you feel I just want to go and buy the uniform - apparently don't go for the A line skirt just the kilt!
PW MUM
crazydaisy

Post by crazydaisy »

PW Mum - thanks for the advice, I did wonder about the A line skirt. We'll avoid it. Reminds me of American Tan tights - remember them? So kilt it is then. Do any of the girls wear the banner black trousers?
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

Crazydaisy: Yes, girls do wear black trousers. My older one and quite a few of her friends do so. My younger one who has got in this year wants to wear trousers too as does one of her other friends ("we have had to wear skirts in the Junior school so now we want a change" is their reason!).
PW Mum

Post by PW Mum »

Let's start a rebellion. My daughter and her friend prefer trousers but I suspect they will wear the kilt the first couple of terms to fit in. The kilt is £30!
PW MUM
chismum

Thanks Bromley Mum

Post by chismum »

Many thanks to Bromley Mum. That's all I wanted to know!

Re: the uniform, I know some girls at Newstead Wood, so I will ask them what is cool, and what is not.

Incidentally, I was talking to a year 9 girl on Sunday, and she said they all club in to get a taxi from the station (5 of them in the taxi, £3, so 60p each!). But a year 8 girl told me its really only when it rains. But, there are lots of girls travelling on the train, which is reassuring to me.
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

Re: Walking from the station to school. Yes, there are quite a large number of girls who commute by train and so you will see them walking to and from the station in the morning and afternoon. Its really not a problem (except sometimes people get a bit annoyed when its their first time on that particular train and they see so many girls get in). Your daughter will have a fabulous time. Mine certainly settled in really well in a couple of months and absolutely loves it (she's in middle school now).
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now