When do primary schools know ?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now

When do primary schools know ?

Post by Guest »

When do primary schools know which school is allocated?
Bo Peep

Post by Bo Peep »

from what I can gather from this site it varies from a good few weeks prior to the parents knowing, to a week or so, or not until after the parents know. It depends on your area it seems.

Perhaps if you say which area you are referring to someone might be able to help.
gibson

Post by gibson »

I can't believe that it is possible that primary schools may know which schools have been allocated to pupils before the parents. Anyone know if Surrey County Council do this???????????????
jah

Post by jah »

Birmingham posts letter to schools at same time as letters to parents.
Nou

Post by Nou »

I think that is true of the London Boroughs as well. They also seem to have access to an online one, like the parents.
Dover Mum

Results

Post by Dover Mum »

Think most schools know a few weeks before we find out so that they can make any appeals!!! Its so frustrating knowing they know and theat they know we know they know, know what I mean?????????????????????
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

know what I mean?????????????????????
:lol:
Bexley

Re: Results

Post by Bexley »

[quote="Dover Mum"]Think most schools know a few weeks before we find out so that they can make any appeals!!!/quote]

Not all areas have the head teacher appeals about the result itself. We can appeal on the allocation of school, but to appeal against the result, you have to have reported a problem to the head teacher on the day of the test itself (e.g taken ill during test, death of close family etc)and you may then be able to appeal during May.

KenR

Post by Guest »

What about Solihull Schools?
Legal beagle

Post by Legal beagle »

Lancashire head teachers were faxed during the afternoon of 28 February, results were online at 8pm on the night of the 28th and results by post were delivered on 1 March
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now