waiting list movement pattern in king edwards Aston

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
appu

Post by appu »

My son has secured qualified criteria mark for KEA but he has been placed on waiting list 6. We are worried whether we will get a place and can anyone advise what is the general movement of the waiting list and how does the system work?
KenR

Post by KenR »

Please read the other postings on the subject .

What mark did he score against the current lowest pass mark and how many over PAN did KEA make offers?
appu

Post by appu »

He has score 331 and we received a letter from KEFoundation school, he is placed in the waiting list 6. I was told that the school offers 104 places. Can we phone up the school to ask the PAN details?
KenR

Post by KenR »

Hi Appu

Fairly high probability of getting an offer, the lowest pass mark was 331 which was the same as your son. The tie breaker is the distance from the school.

He was probably 2nd or 3rd on the waiting list until the late admissions came through. There will probably be a few with a much higher score who took a late exam.

You need to find out how many were offered places over the 104 PAN because the school will need to have rejections from those befiore the waiting list kicks in. As I mentioned a very goog chance of a place.

The waiting list stays fairly static until the offer date ends (don't know when this is) or until parents accept Assisted place or scholarship offers at independent schools. Normally towards the end of March.

Speak to the Foundation office to fidn out how many over PAN and also ask them what happened last year to assess you chances. My guess is a very goood chance of an offer if you are prepared to hang in.
appu

Post by appu »

Thank you for the information. We have contacted the KE foundation and the lines are going into voice mail. We had sent a mail to the foundation office and waiting for reply.

Does any on know what was the last waiting list had admission last year at KE VI Aston.

We are worried a lot as he had be alloted to expected to be closing down school.

My son has secured qualified criteria mark for KEA but he has been placed on waiting list 6. We are worried whether we will get a place and can anyone advise what is the general movement of the waiting list and how does the system work?
fm

Post by fm »

I am afraid you have just to sit tight and hope for the call.

I don't know about recent movement over the last few years but hopefully the Foundation Office will supply you with statistics.

I did have a pupil who was 6th or 7th on the list (can't remember precise number) for Aston about 4 years ago and was eventually offered a place but not until June or July. I remember him calling to tell me about it months after allocation. He and his parents had virtually forgotten all about it. They hadn't expected him to even get near the pass mark so even being on the list had pleased them.
rugbymom

Post by rugbymom »

I am having lots of problems getting in touch with the foundation office.I have called many times and sent many e mails.I am trying to find out when the cut off date for appeals is !!
I think we may have to go down there and ask them.
appu

Post by appu »

The last date for appeal with King Edwards foundation office is 24th March 2010.
BrummyMummy

Post by BrummyMummy »

rugbymom wrote:I am having lots of problems getting in touch with the foundation office.I have called many times and sent many e mails.I am trying to find out when the cut off date for appeals is !!
I think we may have to go down there and ask them.
What is the point of sending many emails asking the same thing. Where I work if anyone does that we just put them to the bottom of the pile. I had no trouble getting through to the Foundation Office on the phone and they can tell you the cut off date for appeals. They even put me through to Admissions because they couldn't answer my question, but did say they were incredibly busy.
Optimist

Post by Optimist »

Hi Rugbymum

I would just call them on Monday, make some apologies to them that you recognise that you have emailed and called a few times - simply because you are a little unsure what to do. This will make them pre-disposed to help you.

Brummymummy, I am not sure if it is just me, but your response appeared brusque and lacked any empathy.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now