Help re appeal and music test

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

cassidy

Post by cassidy »

please could you help

My daughter didn't get any of her three choices and was allocated a school we didn't apply for and wouldn't of put down. The school we did want her to go to her first choice is nearer than the one we were allocated as we are 17th for distance. However my daughter is exceptionally good at music and is bright gifted and tallented within this field. Therefore, this was one of the reasons we wanted her to go to this school as it has an excellent music department.

However we were really disappointed when she didnt get a call back from her music test as she is grade five standard, and has been playing her instrument for 4 years and is still in year 6. We were also dissapointed as to find out that for her 1st choice school that we want her to go to she is placed 50th for music.

Having told her headteacher this as well she was quite suprise she was not higher up as she is grade 5 standard.

Iam at alost because I thought she would do really well in the music test. Is there any way i could use this in an appeal.

cassidy
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Cassidy

Have moved your post on a new thread to ensure that it gets seen and you get some advice soon.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear cassidy

Matching your daughter's ability in music with what the school's excellent music department has to offer could certainly be part of your case. See:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/11plus ... ers.php#c2
Etienne
Kesi68

Post by Kesi68 »

Hi I can empathise with your situation. My son 3 years ago was in a similar position, musically talented, played Flute and Saxaphone, grade 4 in year 6. Sat the music test and was not recalled. Everyone was really shocked that he didnt get a music place. Missed the recall by 1 mark! Was placed 7th on waiting list for music. We appealed on several grounds, one being he is young in his year and unlike academic tests, age wasn't taken into account. Unfortunatley appeal was not sucessful, school not willing to go over PAN.
So I can offer my sympathy, I dont know how come some very musical children dont get through.
Good luck
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now