Unsupportive DH

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Nutella

Unsupportive DH

Post by Nutella »

Just need to ask you guys, is it just my DH that doesn't seem to understand the stresses of this process or is it a typical reaction? Everytime I mention the 11+ he rolls his eyes as if to say "here we go again!" :?
I'm now wondering if this is typical of everyone else's DH...... or maybe you all have v supportive partners?

Anyway, rant over. Thanks guys

(Lucky DH doesn't know about this site :wink: )
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

DH has learnt to stop rolling his eyes but no he does nothing but will take the credit and boast when DC gets into good schools! :roll:
Milla

Post by Milla »

mine's pretty good, but this place has absorbed the bulk of my, er, obsessive interest in the process. Be thankful you have found such a place so you can keep your Real Life excesses in decent check!
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Do we have the same DH Nutella :cry:

Just sound like my DH, the wierd part he is for the 11+ but doesnt seem to get the stress that I get from it and certainly rolls his eyes too when the dreaded word is mentioned

I have no helpful answer but I think he thinks deep down she will be fine wherever she goes and I am very much the other way. Plus I am the one who does the work with her most of the time and do all the other stuff like school runs and hear the playground gossip :oops:

Thats why this forum is my saviour, I can rant and get stressed here. :D
Impossible is Nothing.
kentsussexborder

Post by kentsussexborder »

I think it is usually because one parent deals with all the daily stresses of it all.

My DH has been supremely confident throughout the whole process, but generally speaking it wasn't him who had to sort out the find what to do, the enrolment and the preparation.

He did, fortunately, take DS on the day of the testing, as I was too stressy for words but he does think I am completely obsessed and know FAR too much about the ins and outs of the 11+ and the local cut off scores etc etc etc....
KB

Post by KB »

Think its pretty typical but it does mean by being more chilled about it they are ideal choice to take DC to the exam.
jingle

Post by jingle »

Mine is so laid back that I find it really annoying. I sweated blood over getting my last son thru his exam. He was bright but unfocused and made lots of careless mistakes. I have now got loads of grey hair and wrinkles/ bags under my eyes from all the stressing. DH, on hearing of our sons success smiled casually and said 'see, I always knew he would do it. Don't know why you got your knickers in such a twist about it!' :)
TP123

Post by TP123 »

After one of our exams (he had one more to go) my DH and I were waiting in the car park and he says to me "I think you should relax now and stop stressing him out and let him enjoy himself again!!"

I was "furious"!

When results came in I was overjoyed - but DH cried with joy :shock:

So we do all the work and fretting; they just join in in the celebration. :lol:
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

This reminds me of childbirth when we women do all the hard work and men just take the credit :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

My OH did no work whatsoever in getting Midget ready in 3 weeks for his 11+. I had to teach myself overnight, then teach him, then also do the worrying, then the taking to the exams, then more worrying, none of it seem's to sit on his shoulders :twisted: :lol:

Like someone else mentioned, he doesn't mind mentioning to people that he's passed the thing though and will hopefully go to gs, yet he doesn't mention my part in any of it :lol: