A possible minibus service to Langley/ Slough Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sweetviolet

A possible minibus service to Langley/ Slough Grammar

Post by sweetviolet »

Dear All, :D

My husband and I have done some detailed investigating re arranging mini-coach travel to Langley and Slough Grammar from the Ealing/ West Ealing area (W5, W13), via Greenford, Uxbridge, Iver etc.

We have discussed a potentially really good solution with a well known reputable company as follows: a 16 seat air-conditioned Mercedes min-coach, with a fully qualified and CRB checked driver that can pick-up from several local points starting from Ealing and working their way to Slough. They are also okay with more pick-up points as long as they are en-route. This would be a daily service with the same driver for the whole year.

The cost would be from £7+ depending on the number of children picked up at various points. We want to try to make the journey as comfortable and short as possible and it can be done in 1/2 hour max via the A40.

If we get 16+ kids I think we could try negotiating the cost down a bit!! If there are siblings we could ask them to consider discounts. I know this may sound like a wee bit but think of the saving in reality, had you gone private! :) Or if you are taking there and back, cost in petrol plus wear and tear on your car.

The coach company (who are local to us) are happy to meet and present to all parents that are interested in this, and we are happy to co-ordinate on your behalf so we can fully check them out.

Happy to talk to parents who are going the Hershel and St Bernards if any!

If you are seriously interested please pm me or leave a message here.
Plumbuddle

Post by Plumbuddle »

We would most definitely be up for this but only if there is a pickup at South Ealing or Ealing Broadway as our son could not manage the route to Pitshanger independently.
PVH

Help wanted on transport

Post by PVH »

Hello, my DD has got a place in SG for next year, however we are worried about transport and she is too. Does anybody from around Rayners Lane/Pinner go to SG, can they please give us information on available coaches. Sweetviolet, would the company consider passing through Pinner? Thanks
sweetviolet

Post by sweetviolet »

If we can get enough people together to make this work then we can arrange a mutual pick up area, suitable to others in the same boat as yourself and us.

This will allow all the kids to get into school on time - given the time contraints usually available to drive the kids there. We can look into the route.
PVH

Post by PVH »

Thanks, I'll also post another message in the main to see if there are others around my area
Plumbuddle

Post by Plumbuddle »

A current y7 mum in Uxbridge would be interested -- I'll pm you on this
sweetviolet

Post by sweetviolet »

We have spoken to another minibus service who will charge £7 per day (possibley same as ferrying your own kids back and forth). They are trying to establish how many kids will be interested in the service and then plan a route accordingly - please pm me if you are interested. This minibus service already has an established service and come across very professional. Again we need upto 10 to 16 children to make this work. Once they have established interested they will work out a route and pick up / drop off points.

Leave a message here if you are interested!

Pitshanger mum - are you still interested?
IncaGold - would you be interested?
IncaGold

Post by IncaGold »

Hi Sweetviolet,

We're planning on driving DS to school at least for the first term, if this brings up any unexpected problems, we may then look at other options.

There's a new parents evening coming up (in July?) you may get some more takers then. :)
sweetviolet

Post by sweetviolet »

So many 'hits' and only a few responses. From what I have read from the other threads, majority of people come in from outside of Slough - has this changed?
Strawman

Post by Strawman »

We live in Greenford near the A40. Our daughter will be going to Slough Grammar in September this year. Would be most interested if there is a minibus service pickup from Greenford.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now