CCHS info

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
CCHSsmiley

CCHS info

Post by CCHSsmiley »

Please can you share info about cchs as daughter will be going there next year. What's school like, clubs,teachers etc thanks!
brainiac

Post by brainiac »

Hi, my daughter is in year 7 and loves it!! The teachers are really friendly. The atmosphere is very informal. I spend a lot of time in the school taking my daughter to classes. My daughter has an illness and only attends part-time so doesnt attend any clubs, but she says that there are a variety of clubs at lunchtimes such as, mandarin, history, sign language etc. As well as after school activities. I know they have a horse riding team too! The school try to reward the girls with lots of fun stuff, on the last day of the term before Christmas, it was arranged for the whole school to go to the cinema as a treat for working so hard then go back to school for Chrismas lunch. Unfortunately, snow put an end to this not once but twice when they tried to rearrange it!! My only sadness is when the headmistress leaves in July because she is a huge part of the school and everything she says in the induction speech about how special our daughters are is very inspiring. I hope your daughter will be just as happy as my daughter is.
NOTLEY PARENTS

Post by NOTLEY PARENTS »

Is that right, Colchester have a horse riding team? I think I will keep mum about that little piece of info or I will get no peace. My DD loves horses and had the occasional lesson when we have time.
KB

Post by KB »

Only heard about this 3rd hand but sounded like the school don't really organise it so much as girls who otherwise have own horses etc - could be wrong though, just wouldn't get her hopes up too much!
brainiac

Post by brainiac »

I'm not exatcly sure, but I do know in the school newsletter they post pictures and results about 'their horse riding team'. :?
KB

Post by KB »

Sorry -I wasn't very clear!
I think they do have a 'team' but my understanding is that the team is made up of girls who have their own facilities so a girl who liked the idea of riding shouldn't get too excited that the school somehow provided great horse riding facilities as they might well be disappointed.
But as I said -only 3rd hand information!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now