SGS appeal - should I state DD sat for indie exams

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bromleymumof4

SGS appeal - should I state DD sat for indie exams

Post by bromleymumof4 »

My DD was 4 points below the pass mark for SGS. The has good academic evidence for other NFER 11+ exams, she also sat indie exams.
Should I state that my dd sat for independant school exams and was offered scholarships at them in the appeal report - will this go against DD's apeal? Please someone advise me.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear bromleymumof4

1) It can be hard enough making a comparison with a different 11+ test, let alone with the entrance test for an independent school.

I think I would caution against - unless the indie is clearly prestigious, and the offer of a scholarship is undoubtedly a very significant achievement.

2) There could be a risk in raising the issue of other options, when the message you're trying to put across is "This is the school my DC really wants and needs ......"!
Etienne
bromleymumof4

Post by bromleymumof4 »

Thankyou Etienne for your advise.

Would you recommend that I don't use the other 11+ exam results. I thought that this would have gone in her favour. I know the HT and her class teacher are going to put a strong case through - should I just provide this in the appeal and forget the other 11+ exam results - which she did extrememly well in?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Etienne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now