Should I expect a letter from each school?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Charl39

Should I expect a letter from each school?

Post by Charl39 »

Should I expect a letter from each school that we applied to with the admissions result? So far we have had one letter stating why my DD did not gain a place. But have had nothing from the accepted school (possibly waiting for all the acceptances/declines to go back to them) nor the other schools where she was unsuccessful. Do all the schools write to you? I'm keen to know why she wasn't accepted even if I don't intend to go on the waiting list/appeal.
Charl39
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

are these state schools you are referring to? We just got a letter from the LEA stating which of the school we were allocated.

Private schools are likely to send out individual letters as they do not have a coordinated system
Charl39

Post by Charl39 »

Yes these are state schools. The LEA letter does not say the reasons so how can people know what criteria their DC did not meet sufficiently? How do people know what to appeal against? The one school that did respond, we applied under 2 different criterion, and they wrote 2 separate letters clearly outlining the reasons why.

Any ideas anyone?
Charl39
WP

Post by WP »

Charl39 wrote:Yes these are state schools. The LEA letter does not say the reasons so how can people know what criteria their DC did not meet sufficiently? How do people know what to appeal against?
Usually you have to write to the school requesting an audit report.
Charl39

Post by Charl39 »

I've just phoned admissions for the other LEA's (not all the schools were in same LEA) and they've given me part of the information over the phone, the specific details of which (cut offs etc.) they say the schools will give me as they are all their own admissions authorities. Very complicated but getting there!
Charl39
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now