School cheats and whistleblowing

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bromley mum

School cheats and whistleblowing

Post by bromley mum »

England's Chief Schools Adjudicator has called for whislteblowing hotlines to be set up to catch parents who cheat to get their child into their desired school. He also wants councils to make random checks on 10% of applications. Comments on a postcard please!! :)
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I have a feeling this will be a lively debate Bromley Mum!

No sleep for me then. :wink:

Polite request from tired moderator, with stomach pains, for this thread to remain friendly? :D
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Complete rollocks :evil: and a that would be a waste of our council tax. Its not going to work, I worked many moons ago in the jobcentre and there was a benefit cheats helpline. People who mainly grassed each other were normally close relations when their ralationships turned sour.

Its just another political agenda for the councils to be seen to be doing something. Those millions they gonna spend in letting people grass should be spend on improving schools.

Also whats the estimate % of the people doing this, I think in the whole not many but parents think its a lot. Its like what happens in West Kent when most parents in the area believe that they kids dont get places because of OOC, but looking at Judd's numbers its only very few OOC.
Impossible is Nothing.
arealfarmer

Re: School cheats and whistleblowing

Post by arealfarmer »

bromley mum wrote:England's Chief Schools Adjudicator has called for whislteblowing hotlines to be set up to catch parents who cheat to get their child into their desired school. He also wants councils to make random checks on 10% of applications. Comments on a postcard please!! :)

Is profanity allowed ? ...........
magwich2

Post by magwich2 »

Must be a typo surely?
You must mean East Germany's chief schools Kommandant??
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

I agree, complete Horlicks! :lol:
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

Here's an idea. How about using the money used to fund second homes and duck ponds and putting a supertax on super bonuses and using the money to improve schools so that no parent would think of cheating to get a place in a good school.
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

It's not money that needs to be pumped into schools. We have had 13 years of waste in that department and school standards have got worse. Anyway some think 50% on there hard earnings is already a super tax! I don't mind money being spent on schools if it being spent wisely but some of the stories I have heard are frankly appalling - £30k on a photocopier for example!
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Tipsy, have you any idea how much photocopying a school does. It's phenomenal..

even in a small primary school the machine goes non stop.
Just1-2go

Post by Just1-2go »

sherry_d wrote:Complete rollocks :evil: and a that would be a waste of our council tax. Its not going to work, I worked many moons ago in the jobcentre and there was a benefit cheats helpline. People who mainly grassed each other were normally close relations when their ralationships turned sour.
They are probably banking on the wrath of the mummy who has just seen her little angel miss out on a first choice place.