sats test this may will the children be taking them ?

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

thort

sats test this may will the children be taking them ?

Post by thort »

Does anyone know if the sats tests will still take place this year ? :?
Rose petal

Post by Rose petal »

My DCs school is gearing up to them - w/c 10th May, no science ones this year though.

Rose Petal
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

There is talk about strike action during SATs week from a couple of the unions (due to the SATs). Schools are still prepping as usual though. Despite science no longer being part of the SATs testing, I know several schools who are still administering a science test to their pupils. The only difference will be that the marking is done within school.
bcookerblum

Post by bcookerblum »

Our school is gearing up for them and a random selection of children will be tested in science by visitors during sats week.
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

We just have English and Maths this year and then they will be no longer in the school after this.

No question of whether they will do other form's of testing though, would like to see CATS done to show the child's ability.
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Midget Man wrote: No question of whether they will do other form's of testing though, would like to see CATS done to show the child's ability.
These are usually done at beginning of yr7 in most secondary schools as a guide/prediction to future results.
Our grammar didn't, but I think the 11+ was enough.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Some grammars do CATs in Year 7 but don't then share the results with children or parents.
DarkEnergy

Post by DarkEnergy »

I teach in a secondary school and regulalrly give the CATS interpretation/prediction to students and parents but I do not give the raw scores and have never been asked by a parent. I would tell parents and students if they asked... Not sure if many other teachers would do the same.

Back to SATs, and many schools are doing them this year as they are a known quantity. The move is to APP Assessing Pupil Progress is a slow one. This is back to teacher assessment of student work.
DEATH rides a white horse named Binky
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

My DC's school is preparing for them. They will have a Science test as well but that will be marked in house.
Glparent

Post by Glparent »

Both my school and my DD's primary are preparing as normal for Maths & English SATS. Science is being included in revision and practice papers but neither school are officially sitting science papers in May.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now