Transport from Wickford to WHSG

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
AS5

Transport from Wickford to WHSG

Post by AS5 »

My DD has a place at WHSG and needs to travel from Wickford. The only bus service appears to be route 502 with First which drops off at WHSG on way to SHSB. I have seen this bus in the mornings and it looks crammed with boys heading for SHSB. Two questions, are there any alternative transport options from Wickford to WHSG and if not then does anyone know if there are some girls travelling on this bus?
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

My son travels on the 512 to SHSB, some of his friends travel on the 502. Apparently the SHSB boys tend to sit downstairs on the 502 which probably makes it look as though the bus is full of green blazers. However, there are lots of WHSB/Gs on the bus too. Don't worry the bus seems to be a good place to meet people from the local areas. Hope this helps put your mind at rest. :o
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Would also like to add my son has made lots of friends from SHSB and WHSB simply from travelling on the bus. :o :o :o
AS5

Post by AS5 »

Thanks for info. Sounds like she won't be the only girl on an all boy bus :)
Tea Lover

Post by Tea Lover »

There's a bus that travels from Wickford railway station taking children to the Westcliff schools. I'm afraid I haven't noticed what number bus it is, but I can check. Several girls travel on it to WHSG, and also several boys (to WHSB of course!). I believe it also picks up outside the Shotgate postoffice.

Don't worry, your daughter will have other girls to travel with. I'm sure she'll enjoy the journey. There may also be other new year 7's coming from Wickford. If you contact the school, they may be prepared to put you in touch with each other.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now