Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Catherine

Results

Post by Catherine »

Hi Mel,

You have been told by Herschel that the pass mark is 66%. That's brilliant. It gives me hope. (Although I don't want to hope too much!)

I called Slough grammar yesterday. They told me that the letters go out on the 5th. I have seen different dates for other schools.

Less than three days for Bucks results! Fingers and toes crossed everyone

Catherine
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Slough grammar changed their result day. They will be posted first class on the 7th
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Good luck to anyone expecting to receive their result tomorrow.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

My son passed and it's fantastic. After the last three months stress, I am so releived.

Hope everyone else gets good news.
Mel

Post by Mel »

Hi Catherine

Well, what can I say your son is a super star. Did you get the letter in the post?. I though we wodul get them via our school buit I really don't know. To be honest although we are not worried it will be interesting to see how my son has done as we didnt do any practsie at all for the Slough one so he isn't expecting to pass. He felt it was particuarly hard. You must be over the moon. Do you mind me asking what he got? and have you decided on what school?

Once again I'm really pleased for you.

Mel
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Thank you Mel.

My son scored 122 and we are very pleased. I am still in two minds about the school choice, but I am not going to think about it for today, just enjoy the news. The amount of worry has been incredible and I need to relax now.

We received the results through the post, so it should be the same for you. I hope that your son passes. Please let me know once you have the results.

Best wishes

Catherine
Mel

Post by Mel »

Thanks Catherine. Your son is obviously very bright, that is a very high score and he should get the pick of schools. I didnt even know you could get as high as that.
Well done him!!

It would ofcourse be great if my son passed it too. However given he is going to go to a Bucks school and he doesnt think he will we have told him it is not a concern. We didnt do any non verbal practise and although he is very good at Maths(just got level 5 in practsie SATS) I really dont know what to expect except that he feels he didnt do enough to pass. We'll see either way I still would expect him to get above average, I assume thats 100? but it wont be devestating if he doesn't.

My very good friends son is taking the Slough test next year, any tips for her on what to make sure she covers with his tuition??

Any ideas on what other scored or if anyone else has passed and is reding let us know please

Mel
Smita

Post by Smita »

Mel,

My son's average score was 110. Just missed by 1 (non verbal 98, verbal 108 and maths 124). I am disappointed but I will not let that on to my son.

Oh well at least we tried!

Congratulations and well done to Catherine and good luck to Mel and all Berks parents awaiting results.

Smita
betty

results

Post by betty »

My son got 115 average yet i'm still not sure that is enough to get into Langley.Has anyone got any more detailed info on what the pass mark is to actually 'get in'?
Tone

Langley

Post by Tone »

I believe that the first round of cut-offs is at around 120 to 122 for Langley.
If you put Langley 1st then it may go to 2nd choice if they are not full on 1st choices already.