Waiting List for KEGS Chelmsford anyone know how this works?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
fizzwizz123

Waiting List for KEGS Chelmsford anyone know how this works?

Post by fizzwizz123 »

Can anyone help with info on previous years waiting lists for KEGS ?

My son is 18 on the list and the guy at Essex Councy Council said he has an outside chance of getting in as the list can move a lot - if not by September then in the first term

does anyone know how much the lists have moved previous years ?

just would help to know if he is too far down it realistically!

thought this was all over on 1st march and now the drama starts again!
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

It's not what you want to hear but it is so variable. :( I am afraid that 18 would be a lot of movement but it depends whether the people in front of you take up their places.
Why don't you ask the LA admissions people how far the list has gone down in other years.Last year, when we were waiting, the man on the phone said first 10 usually got a place and sometimes further.That was for CCHS though and not the boys' school.
Sorry wish I could be more reassuring but very best of luck. :D
fizzwizz123

Post by fizzwizz123 »

Chelmsford mum wrote:It's not what you want to hear but it is so variable. :( I am afraid that 18 would be a lot of movement but it depends whether the people in front of you take up their places.
Why don't you ask the LA admissions people how far the list has gone down in other years.Last year, when we were waiting, the man on the phone said first 10 usually got a place and sometimes further.That was for CCHS though and not the boys' school.
Sorry wish I could be more reassuring but very best of luck. :D

thanks for the quick reply! i have phoned them and the guy seemed quite positive and said normal movement is around 12 - 14 up to september and i have to call the school in september to keep him on the list if i want to and he thought there would be a good chance he could get in the first year even - although i suspect it won't maybe move as much as that this year! i shall ring every month and wait and see!
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Well lets hope some of those 12 - 14 adjust to the idea of some indep school or other.It is possible. I really hope so.
Very best of luck.let us know if you get some good news. :D
Romfordmum

Post by Romfordmum »

I know of two boys who have turned down places at KEGS this week due to going to Brentwood instead. Hope this helps!!!
fizzwizz123

Post by fizzwizz123 »

thanks! spoke to guy at the council yesterday and he said he had "quite a few" rejections for kegs in his pile and for me to call him back tomorrow (friday) - also found out a couple of years ago the list moved by 19 :D but i think it is a different climate now, and i am not holding out much hope to be honest.... :?
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Sounds good to me :D So hope it keeps on moving along!
fizzwizz123

Post by fizzwizz123 »

moved 3 places this week - its a start! :D
fizzwizz123

Post by fizzwizz123 »

moved 8 places in total so far :D he is now number 10 ! :o
KEGSmum

Post by KEGSmum »

Fizzwiz123 - my son was no. 10 on waiting list a couple of years ago. We had all but given up hope (he moved very slowly from 10 to 6 to 5 and was at 5 for a long while) when I had a call from the guy at the council to offer him a place! I was so shocked I couldn't say yes to him right away and needed to think about it (I was shopping in supermarket when the call came to my mobile!). Of course, once the reality hit home, I rang back and accepted the place. This all happened at the beginning of May, so felt like a long wait. We were very lucky. I know of one boy who has turned a place down at KEGS in favour of an independent school, so wish you good luck and hope it works out for you as it did for us :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now