TWGSB

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Kev69

TWGSB

Post by Kev69 »

IF I have read the Kent Admissions booklet correctly, If I wanted to get into TWGSB, distance is the deciding factor for being on the waiting list. (As I have no son/daughters at the school. Therfore being only 0.5 mile away I should be within a very good chance.

Could someone confirm this please- thanks
Just1-2go

Post by Just1-2go »

I am surprised that at 0.5m you are on the waiting list, or have I got the wrong end of the stick? From that distance I would think you would almost definitely get in, provided DS had passed the 11+ and put the school on the CAF.
Kev69

Post by Kev69 »

Yes, Sorry more details needed.
I dont live in Kent yet. But have a date to move of 9th April. The address is a stone throw from TWGBS. I did name them on the CAF and child has passed the Kent 11+. I named TWGBS only, because of workplace and I intend to move into the T.Wells area. However illness in the family meant the move was delayed and only now is happening.
Hence child didnt get a place at TWGBS, but at a local school where we live now. I intend to appeal but my friends have said this all looks fishy as Im now moving, but the reasons are real enough!
mystery

Post by mystery »

I would appeal as well as being on the waiting list.
Just1-2go

Post by Just1-2go »

Tricky situation! I don't know enough about appeals to comment on your chance of getting a place at this late stage. But I do know from a friends experience that they will investigate your house move very carefully, to make sure you aren't just living there temporarily or pretending to live there, obviously moving isn't breaking any rules but they will need to be sure that you aren't going to "high tail" it back to where you came from if/once they give you a place.
Kev69

Post by Kev69 »

Hey I'm fine with that. I have nothing to hide, They can come round and view the house, see the kids there, no problem.