Chewing gum removal.

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

dadofkent

Chewing gum removal.

Post by dadofkent »

Embedded in backside of school trousers. Any suggestions gratefully appreciated.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

mmm - something about sticking the item in the freezer then it comes off more easily.
dadofkent

Post by dadofkent »

hermanmunster wrote:mmm - something about sticking the item in the freezer then it comes off more easily.
Thanks. Makes sense. I will give it a go. But it is pretty embedded. May be more than a one step process.
dadofkent

Post by dadofkent »

dadofkent wrote:
hermanmunster wrote:mmm - something about sticking the item in the freezer then it comes off more easily.
Thanks. Makes sense. I will give it a go. But it is pretty embedded. May be more than a one step process.
And I am determined the second step will not be a trip to M&S. Nor even Primark.
KB

Post by KB »

You can get something called sticky stuff remover or similar from bettaware to use after the freezer trick but it might cost more than a new pair of trousers from a supermarket!
PB Mum

Post by PB Mum »

My DS definitely has 'shufflebottom's syndrome'...I counted 20 sticky marks on seat of trousers from 1 lesson on someone else's gum. After a week in the freezer, and various applications of vinegar I have concluded the treatment is £15.98 for a new pair. If only the problems in the NHS were so cheaply sorted!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

second Kim and Aggie solution was to rub in "deep heat" (see NHS can manage it!!) and then blast with hairdryer....
doodles

Post by doodles »

Seem to remember peanut butter was one remedy.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
Jiff

Post by Jiff »

Sounds unlikely I know, but mayonnaise to remove the chewing gum, wiped off and then a normal wash to remove the mayonnaise really does work.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

OK - so now we have chewing gum topped with mayonnaise and peanut butter, heated with deep heat and a hairdryer then popped into the freezer for a few hours..... yummy