Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
vcopa

Newstead wood

Post by vcopa »

Hi! I just have some questions about newstead:

1. When are the clubs
2. What clubs are there?
3. What do they have for lunch? (if school dinners)
4 . What types of books do they have in the library?

Thanks!!
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

1. There are clubs before school and after school but the majority take place at lunch time.
2. There are clubs for almost everything. There are clubs for all the sports -winter and summer, knitting club, art club, debating club, manga club and clubs for music as well such as VOX CC, symphony orchestra and lower school orchestra.
3. For lunch there are always hot meals and cold meals (sandwiches and wraps) and cakes, puddings and cookies. There is also fruit and raisins etc. There are also a lot of drinks (juices, appletizer and milkshake) too.
4. There are so many different books in the libraries from all the classics to all the Jaqueline Wilson's. There are also books in different languages so those who are studying foreign languages can learn vocab etc. There are also newspapers and magazines to read.
vcopa

Thanks!

Post by vcopa »

Thanks for answering! My daughter who is going there in september has been asking these questions since 2nd March! :D

Also, you can ask any questions here and someone will answer them! :)
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

You welcome. I have one already there and one more joining in Sept. If you need more info just ask.
vcopa

Post by vcopa »

When are newstead sending out the infomation packs :?:
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

From what I remember we had got the packs before the parents' evening. So when we went along we could mingle with parents of girls in the same form.
PW Mum

Post by PW Mum »

Bromley mum

Do the girls get the opportunity to say who they would like to be with.

My daughter is going with one of her friends and is hoping they will be in the same class.
PW MUM
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

PW mum. you can put in a request and then see what happens. Some one who is a friend of a friend of my daughter's had done so and was put in the same form as she wanted. If you do want to do this I suggest you do so ASAP bfore they have assigned girls to forms.
PW Mum

Post by PW Mum »

Thank you
PW MUM
vcopa

Post by vcopa »

Do they have talent shows??

My daughter loves doing the talent shows each year...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now