Sorry! Not sure where to ask

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
weepiglet

Sorry! Not sure where to ask

Post by weepiglet »

I'm sorry as I'm sure this isn't the right place to ask but I couldn't find another....

I tried to send a PM earlier. On other forums I've been able to find a place that showed me messages I'd sent, as well as those received. When I clicked on "You Have No New Messages", though, in the hope that it might show me what I'd sent, it showed nothing in any box. Does this mean that my attempt to send a PM has failed?

Sorry to be such a thick wuss!

:oops:
Charl39

Post by Charl39 »

After you've clicked on that, and there are no messages showing, have a look above it and you should have a menu that says

Inbox Sentbox Outbox Savebox

The Sentbox will have any msgs you've sent that have been read, the Outbox msgs you've sent but the recipient has not read yet.

Hope that helps :D
Charl39
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

I know a couple of other posters who have had disappearing PM's over the weekend too.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

5 years, and never a PM lost. :D

As Charl39 says, the messages do move from Outbox to Sentbox once the recipient picks them up. Otherwise it is user error. If you think not Tipsy, please PM me immediately about the issue.

What sometimes happens is that someone sends a PM, the recipient has their Profile set to alert them by email that a new PM has been sent, but the sender then thinks twice. They delete the PM and then the recipient can't find any trace of it, despite the email.

Occasionally people also post PMs on the Forum by mistake, which is always fascinating. :oops:

You only do it once though, believe me!

Sally-Anne
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Sally-Anne wrote:
Occasionally people also post PMs on the Forum by mistake, which is always fascinating. :oops:

You only do it once though, believe me!
Yep! I've done that.
Posting a PM on the open forum... :oops:
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

I did too, and to LLL of all people so you can imagine the content. Beat that for embarrassment! :shock:
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Cor, I always miss the exciting bits :lol: :lol: :lol:
Milla

Post by Milla »

just what I was thinking!
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/47/47055t4vjrz296r.gif[/img]
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Thankfully SD's PM's have managed to remain private. Talk about ***! :wink: 8) :shock:
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I'm an angel and behave myself at all times :wink: :D