Girls grammars

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Hector

Girls grammars

Post by Hector »

Does anyone know whether all the warks girls grammar places have been filled now, or is there still movement happening with them?
We need a girl holding an indie bursary place to give it up. Only reason I can see is for a better indie offer(which I image are all done :roll: )or a free grammar school place. Long shot I know :oops: , so would like to know when to finally give up on it. :cry:
Sherbetlemon

Post by Sherbetlemon »

S or E Warks?

Last year's situation in S Warks may not be relevant, but I know of a couple of girls who gave up places at Shottery when Alcester places became available in April or May, and one boy who gave up a place at Alcester when a KES place became available considerably later than that (June, I think), so there certainly can be a degree of movement between grammars after allocations.
DarkEnergy

Post by DarkEnergy »

Someone else posted a while ago (2008/9) that a place became available during August. So you can never tell what will happen.
DEATH rides a white horse named Binky
guest201

Post by guest201 »

I think you have until mid April, the people who havent accepted or rejected a place by the March deadline are sent a reminder at the beginning of April giving them a week to reply, presumably if they dont reply within the week their place is then allocated to someone on the waiting list. There is still hope.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I can confirm that despite notifying the LEA online that we were declining RHS, I have today received a letter asking me whether we will be accepting the place. We will be declining the place again tomorrow, but not online. I hope that helps.:?
twiglet

Girls Grammer

Post by twiglet »

Hi,

Interested to know if there has been any movement for anyone since the first post on this thread or any luck with places? Both Southern and Eastern.

Twiglet.
twiglet

Re: Girls grammars

Post by twiglet »

Finally some good news, DD has been offered a place at Shottery and I believe there is still movement. Good luck to everyone else on waiting list and about to go through appeals.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

That's great news. Congratulations to you and your daughter, Twiglet!
Rose petal

Post by Rose petal »

Twiglet,

Good news. Well done.

Rose P.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now