Contempory origami or remote quantum sensing

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tree

Contempory origami or remote quantum sensing

Post by Tree »

:lol: :lol:

or as my daughter would say 'Jokes' usually followed by 'well i don't think it's funny' from me
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

ooo I really wouldn't be able to decide between the two .. I could perhaps do double award in applied remote origami sensing with quantum underwater basket weaving
Amber

Post by Amber »

I could perhaps do double award in applied remote origami sensing with quantum underwater basket weaving
I think you'll find that all the best schools are doing the triple award now Herman (with tree hugging)- the dual award is somewhat discredited and Cambridge is insisting on A**s. And I think we would all agree that Contemporary Origami is dumbed down: Classical Origami is the purer form.

Some high-achieving pre-preps in London are now reported to be starting 14th century Gaelic literature - it could be the Next Big Thing.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

LOL!!! At least I know what Gaelic Literature is.... unlike blooming Systems and Control!!!
Tree

Post by Tree »

"Classical Origami is the purer form" - totally amber. Apparently contempory origami has coursework in my day you turned up for the exam were given a peice of paper and you wouldn't know if it was a flower or a battlship you had to fold now that was proper origami
doodles

Post by doodles »

Don't you think that macrami would be a more useful subject :wink: :lol:
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
Amber

Post by Amber »

I even hear they are thinking of bringing in a BTEC in Origami Studies - modular form. Things will never be the same again.
Tree

Post by Tree »

BTEC - noooo

I will now fold myself a sword and fall on it
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Look how am I supposed to work this afternoon!!!
suncrest

Post by suncrest »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I myself studied classic origami and found it to be the MOST useful of O'levels!

Macrami is only any use if it is studied with raffia weaving though