camp quest

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tree

camp quest

Post by Tree »

anyone have any experience of this have booked ds onto it for the summer and would value some feedback (don't know if this breaks some advertising rules??)

http://www.camp-quest.org.uk/
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

I have no knowledge on then at all, but if you are going to Caythorpe then it's a great place, my DS1 went to a PGL trip there and loved it :D
Sally-Anne

Re: camp quest

Post by Sally-Anne »

Tree wrote:(don't know if this breaks some advertising rules??)
The Mods always try to cast a benevolent eye over requests for information and support from regular posters. :D
Tree

Post by Tree »

hey thanks sally-anne did you catch my post in GCSE quite funny i think (he says modestly).

mm: thanks, dd is going to caythorpe and he's also been there with PGL which is why we chose it he gets to do the amazing pgl type activities in the afternoon after the science stuff in the morning i think.
sallyj

Post by sallyj »

Caythorpe is awesome :lol:
DS went there a couple of years ago & hubby also took a class there.
DS going in a couple of weeks.
Definately recommended !
Sassie'sDad

Post by Sassie'sDad »

Agreed my dd likewise but with the Guides. Did zip wire and all sorts of wonderfully stimulating things!
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Going as a group of adults is a lot of fun too (with adult drinkies). :lol:
Cats12

Post by Cats12 »

DCs been to caythorpe and other PGL-type hols and had amazing times.
But the philosophy behind CampQuest i'm not sure about:

"Children at Camp Quest aren’t “requiredâ€
KB

Post by KB »

I'm sure the facilities at the camp you are talking about are great but I am uncomfortable about 'advertising' anything of this nature on the forum.

I am not suggesting that the Camp mentioned here is anything untoward but it is pushing a particular 'take' on our 'World'.

My concern is that recommending any kind of activity that is related to religious or anti-religion teaching on this Forum could lead to problems that are best avoided. Who decides which activities are acceptable & which 'cross the line'...

My beliefs do influence my views on topics discussed here but I make a conscious effort not to use this Forum to evangalise or offend others who may have different faiths.

This isn't a criticism of anyone here - I'm just uncomfortable about where this might lead.
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Surely the vast majority of camps in the UK are non religion based. My kids have been on a few and religion was never mentioned. We can argue the point but ideas and peoples individual beliefs are being pushed on the children in these camps in the same way that these same people would say that faith is pushed on their kids. I find it interesting that if you go back a couple of thousand years the druids and other groups all believed in natural and supernatural entities. It's just another religion trying to pretend it's not.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now