AE workbooks or schofield and Sims workbooks for parents

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
stayincalm

AE workbooks or schofield and Sims workbooks for parents

Post by stayincalm »

Just thinking that I need a series of books to help teach my dd new topics rather than going through test papers as percentages, decimals, probablility is all quite new to her. Would AE workbooks be best or schofield and sims workbooks for parents?? WOuld the whole set of either be beneficial or overwhelming? Year 5 seems to be flying by and Sep feels almost around the corner!!
pixiequeen

Post by pixiequeen »

Can't comment on the AE workbooks as we haven't tried them (but we have the spelling and vocabulary books which are great). We are using the Schofield and Sims 'Learning Workbooks' which DD finds easy to understand (methods/techniques are clearly explained) and has made little fuss about doing. I have been very pleased with them and feel they have improved her maths enormously. We initally only bought the ones we thought covered her weak points - decimals and fractions - but have ended up buying the whole lot (8 I think). I will buy the same again for DD2 when she is a little older.
stayincalm

Post by stayincalm »

THanks pixiequeen, have just done an amazon order for 4 of them and will go from there :lol:
Villagedad

Post by Villagedad »

Cheapest place I've seen for Schofield & Simms workbooks is the Book Depository, where they are a little over £2 each with free delivery..

Kind regards
Villagedad

link removed please PM if you can't work it out
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now