New school- will this be reflected in SATs grade?

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
super anxious mum

New school- will this be reflected in SATs grade?

Post by super anxious mum »

Hi,

If a child changes school, is this reflected in their SAT score?

Thanks.
DarkEnergy

Post by DarkEnergy »

Sorry that no one answered before this.

As far as I know, changing schools is not considered in SATs. In the past, students were given the SAT level they gained in the SAT test they sat in year 6 and prior history was not considered. We are now going over to the APP - Assessing Pupil Progress which is looking at work produced over a period of time (a year). So changing school late in year 6 could be a serious issue for APP levels awarded. Otherwise, not a problem.
DEATH rides a white horse named Binky
super anxious mum

Post by super anxious mum »

Dear Darkenergy,

Thanks for your response. I was pretty sure that when it comes to the SATs being calculated, changes occurred were taken into account. No idea where I got this info from... My son changed schools in year 3 and year 6 (which he's currently in), I wondered if this would be taken into account come May.
DarkEnergy

Post by DarkEnergy »

Pretty sure it will not be taken into account. Also, the school should be looking at APP this year, so it should be looking at the work he has produced this year. You may find that he will be given several english and maths assignments to do in class, and these may be used with APP to give a level. I know that many schools are doing both SATs and APP this year to see how they compare. Most schools are also keeping quiet about it.
Good luck.
DEATH rides a white horse named Binky