Waiting list for Watford boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tense

Waiting list for Watford boys

Post by tense »

I met someone yesterday whose son is quite high up on the inner / academic list for Watford Boys. Does anyone know of any movement on this list yet please? Also, is it one boy=one place? At Parmiter's it seems to be generally accepted that there are four children in one place.

(BTW, why are there 4 children for each place at Parmiter's? Surely it should be as many children as got a particular tied score? I know that when scores are tied they go to distance).

Thanks.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

An acquaintance told me that her son has just been offered WGSB (was offered Ricky initially). I can try to find out whether or not she has accepted (sure she has) and which list he was on.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Her son was no. 3 on the Watford area academic list and they accepted on the 22nd. Hope this helps.
tense

Post by tense »

That's great to hear that the CI list is moving. Thanks very much.
stardreamer

Post by stardreamer »

Sounds like a place has been declined for Rickmansworth school!! Good news to someone on their CI list!!
andypandy38

Post by andypandy38 »

My son was no. 16 on Watford's waiting list last week (this was his first choice), before the second round allocations, he was allocated a place at his 3rd choice school, Clement Danes on 2nd March. However, in the last few days he has been offered a place at his second ranked school. We think he is going to take it, so there will be another place coming up at Clement Danes for the next round - good luck everyone!
*** CONFUSED !!! ***

Post by *** CONFUSED !!! *** »

andypandy38 wrote:My son was no. 16 on Watford's waiting list last week (this was his first choice), before the second round allocations, he was allocated a place at his 3rd choice school, Clement Danes on 2nd March. However, in the last few days he has been offered a place at his second ranked school. We think he is going to take it, so there will be another place coming up at Clement Danes for the next round - good luck everyone!
Thank you for that info andypandy38. If your son does decide to give up his school place at CD, could I please ask you (on behalf of other parents and children waiting for some news) to post in the thread entitled:

"Please Post Here if You Declined Your School Offer"

Thank you :)
Knowledge is power

stardreamer

Post by stardreamer »

Hi andypandy,
Congratulations on your recent allocation!! You must be thrilled. Just wondered, out of interest, if you will remain on the CI list for WGBS if you take your 2nd choice?
andypandy38

Post by andypandy38 »

hi - the jury is still out as to whether he will take other place or stick with CD - I will let you know as soon as we know! Seems like all his friends/family, etc are waiting with baited breathe for him to make a decision!
Whatever he chooses now, he will, however, stay on the CI list for WGSB which was his first choice. If by chance he does get a place its likely to be pretty late in the year so we have told him to be happy with what he chooses now as the most likely scenario is that he won't get into WGSB - although I will be phoning their admissions office tomorrow to see how he has moved up the list!
Update: Just phoned Watford and he has gone from 16th on the waiting list to 8th - very frustrating as only 2 marks away now from getting a place. Also, one could argue as an October birthday he looses out with age standardisation - if only he was a few months younger he'd be in!
stardreamer

Post by stardreamer »

andypandy,
I know exactly how you feel being 2 places short of a place at your first choice. It is very frustrating!! There are benefits to being born in the first part of the school year but this whole standardization is a real negative.
It's amazing that you have gone from 16th to 8th in such a short time. Fingers crossed for you.
Have you been successful in making your mind up on your 2nd choice??
xx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now