Warning to Parents of FB users

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Sassie'sDad

Warning to Parents of FB users

Post by Sassie'sDad »

I have heard a rumor that there is a propoal to charge all FB users from July 2010 £3.99 for using FB (not sure what time scale). Have failed to find confirmation of this yet - it might be a scam! But have found this:
http://facebookuserfans.multiply.com/journal/item/4
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/show ... p?t=821824
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I think it is one of those things that appears from time to time - large facebook campaign a while ago against it. I think they may realise that they would lose a lot of people if they did this - though they may still try!
Plum

Post by Plum »

Wish they would charge - good excuse to keep DCs off it in the future! :wink:

Plum
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Plum wrote:Wish they would charge - good excuse to keep DCs off it in the future! :wink:

Plum
I find it quite fun... good chance for us oldies to embarrass the kids
tranquillity

Post by tranquillity »

My dc's won't let me join FB. . . . in case I embarrass them too much, I guess. Or because they're hiding - what???? :shock: . . . . I don't want to know. . . . .
hyder

Post by hyder »

I hope this is true. I might be able to have a conversaton with DS and DD without having to compete with their laptop!! :D Although our phone bill might go up!
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

I have joined facebook. Thought it might wean me off this site! But I cannot work out how to use it. Tried asking my daughter but she told me to stop messing around with her fb page. So I have a few friends but have no idea how to contact them and have given up!
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I joined a while ago and can't be doing with it either - the complexities of it are too boring for me (!) and I find it's full of people using these daft games/farming. What's that all about then????
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

My daughter does the daft farming game - well she did but I think may have stopped now. I really think I ought to get used to facebook but have not a clue what to do. Have just pasted two things on a 'wall' - shall see what happens!
doodles

Post by doodles »

I joined recently - and can't be bothered with it - full of daft groups and some farming thing or another. Can't be doing with it but can't work out how to de-register either :oops:
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !