Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Optimist

Can we have aggregated content for Warks 11+

Post by Optimist »

Hi

Note to Ed'sMum

KenR has displayed some information highlighting types of questions asked in the Bgham 11+ over the last few years.

I feel it would be useful to do the same here. Since the 2008 and 2009 diet of exams I am none the wise as to the type of questions asked - no one is ever sure when the Purdah is over : :o

Could we, in the Warks forum, start to create something equivalent to that produced by KenR and post it as a sticky. :wink:

Optimist
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I stated some time ago that the purdah was over - promise!

As for the question types, let's see what people can offer on this thread then. If people post the sorts of things that came up, I shall aim to turn it into a sticky. My daughter has remembered NOTHING about it though.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Bump!!
Anyone remembered anything?
Warks

Post by Warks »

A few nuggets which may or may not be of use from a very hazzy 11yr olds memory- this is by no means an exhaustive list of what was in the paper - but may be of some help!

Maths: Sums with missing numbers or signs which had to be completed.

NVR:
A sequence of 3D shapes, with a missing one in-between - select the 3D shape to complete the sequence.
2 or 3 grids with each grid having different patterns/shapes in the various squares/cross squares. Grids had to be added or subtracted together and the resulting Grid had to be selected from choice given.

Comprehension: one fact one fiction

Data Processing - a graph showing the journey a person made - walking some, resting, running some etc. Various questions about distance travelled, speed etc. Another graph with several pieces of descriptive text - had to select which text matched what the graph was illustrating.

Long Maths:
Multi stage, long (!) and (DC thinks) time bound, so you couldn't answer one really well and leave the rest.