CCHS(Colchester) uniform

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Romanlover98

CCHS(Colchester) uniform

Post by Romanlover98 »

Hi, I hope this is in the right place. Can anyone help me with the Colchester uniform? I would really like to know for next year; also who is the suppilier and if options for uniform is given which one most girls choose(eg: skirts/trousers, coloured tights) . Thanks a lot!
:lol:
NOTLEY PARENTS

Post by NOTLEY PARENTS »

You should get the uniform list (including the name and address of the shop that sells it) in with your offer letter and information pack. I have heard it is better to purchase early!! There will apparently be a uniform display available on the open evening in a few months where you will get the chance to try on/buy some uniform. If you need the address details I can get them if its any help?
KB

Post by KB »

Just from seeing them swarm about on Lexden Road, nearly all wear fairly short skirts & tights - don't know if there is any choice re tops but all seem to have light blue under the school sweat shirt.
Any colour coat seems to be OK.
Apparently Year 7s are marked out by their sensible school bags :)

I'm guessing Ernest Newson on Colchester High Street will be the supplier - maybe give them a call? - they seem to suply most local schools & have a list of what's needed by each of the schools they supply.
Gladitsover

Post by Gladitsover »

My DD is at CCHS and you can buy the uniform at Ernest Newson as KB has stated. They wear a navy skirt, pale blue shirt and navy CCHS sweatshirt. No tie required and no blazer. My DD wears black tights and black shoes. The skirt is short because the shop offers 2 lengths but the girls tend to favour the shorter length as the longer length is 'too long' in their opinion! The school doesn't like the skirts to be too short (girls have been known to roll up their skirts to make them more thigh length!) but slightly above the knee seems to be acceptable. With my DD, they had uniform reps on the open evening and you could order uniforms/PE kits then but it is very busy. I think they will send you out details with the open evening details.
KB

Post by KB »

Ahh - hadn't realised they sold 2 skirt lengths!

We were trying to figure it out watching the choir the other night - thought maybe the Year 7s had been bought skirts with plenty of growing room :) as a few of the younger girls had skirts much longer than the others!
Gladitsover

Post by Gladitsover »

I didn't realise either until I went to Ernest Newson's recently and the lady asked which length! When we bought her first skirt in Year 7 at the school open evening, I don't remember being offered a choice of lengths (but then again, it was very busy and I was probably inundated by everything!).
mumtolovelydd

Post by mumtolovelydd »

My DD will be starting there in September as well. She is a girl who much prefers trousers to skirts though. Do many of the girls wear trousers or will she stand out if she wears them?
NOTLEY PARENTS

Post by NOTLEY PARENTS »

mumtolovelydd wrote:My DD will be starting there in September as well. She is a girl who much prefers trousers to skirts though. Do many of the girls wear trousers or will she stand out if she wears them?
My daughter prefers to wear trousers as well so perhaps we can get them to walk in together!!! Not sure it trousers are allowed though.
brainiac

Post by brainiac »

My daughter is in Year 7. I bought the sweaters from Earnest Newson and I have bought pencil skirts, and blue blouses from John Lewis. Any black tights/socks are fine. I have bought trousers from the Next Directory. All the above have washed up really well. My daughter comments how comfortable she is her uniform.
brainiac

Post by brainiac »

Sorry meant to add in my earlier post, my daughter has said that there is a mixture of girls who wear skirts and trousers, so nobody will stand out :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now