Skinners Waiting List.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Blue Peter

Skinners Waiting List.

Post by Blue Peter »

Having just read the Judd cut - off thread, does anyone have an idea of how many boys are on the Skinners waiting list and any news as to whether the entry score will come down and by how much?
SSM

Post by SSM »

There may be some information on 'the website of he who can't be named' or the school might be able to give you some information
Blue Peter

Post by Blue Peter »

Thanks - I guess you can estimate from that info what the waiting lists are.
inthesticks

Post by inthesticks »

Apparently, there are 88 boys on the Skinners' waiting list this year...
doodles

Post by doodles »

Is this unusually high? Don't know what past years were.

Good luck to all those waiting.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
SSM

Post by SSM »

I don't know if it's unusually high, but if you look on the 'other' website I think it says that Skinners' did not offer places to something like 115 boys that put them as first choice. So I would have thought a lot of these would go on the waiting list.
jj23

Post by jj23 »

Hi I just wanted to let all you guys know, waiting for Skinners, that Judd are going through their waiting list today. I believe there are 16 places on it many of whom are likely to have been offered Skinners first so over the next few days these should filter through to their lists and onto you.

Lots of luck to you all
mystery

Post by mystery »

Sorry did not follow you very well. Do you mean that there are 16 places to be re-allocated as this number of boys did not accept places, or that there are 16 children on the waiting list ...... surely there would be many more than that?
jj23

Post by jj23 »

Sorry to be confusing,

apparently 16 boys that were offered Judd initially turned it down so Judd are today offering 16 boys who did noy get offered on the 1st March places..... i`m just guessing ( and i do know of some) who were holding offers to Skinners which will now be declined.

I heard there were over 80 on the waiting list for Judd and even more for Skinners but not sure how accurate that is.

Good luck if you are waiting.
inthesticks

Post by inthesticks »

I don't suppose anyone knows how many places originally offered by Skinners' were turned down (and will therefore be offered to those at the top of the waiting list)? - same info jj23 gave for Judd, but for Skinners' instead....Any clue helps!!!