Re-considerations - March 31

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

allovernow

Re-considerations - March 31

Post by allovernow »

Just spoke to the LEA who confirmed for those who ticked option 2 (accept offer but want to be re-considered for higher preference school) that letters are arriving on March 31st (not a couple of days after). This gives time to call the schools before the Easter Hols. They'll also include appeal details if needed.

Still waiting for news on the Pates waiting list - had heard it was down to 134. Anyone got an update ?
Milla

Post by Milla »

no news but I did put on another strand that the Admissions Officer told me on look-around morning that fewer private school children were among next year's intake implying that movement might be slower. It's still relatively early days, allovernow, and in previous years it's easily gone down to 143. I don't envy you the wait, it must be frustrating and the days must drag so I do hope that you get the news you want. There are still 5 months, remember, til y7 starts so plenty of time for things to change!
allovernow

Post by allovernow »

Thanks Milla - that's comforting. It's early days and the waiting is the hardest part :roll: . It would be just nice for DS to know more so... :?
Thirdtimer

Post by Thirdtimer »

Anyone know if we can access this information online on (or before) the 31st?
Thirdtimer

Post by Thirdtimer »

Anyone had a letter today?
Our post has just come and nothing at all from Shire Hall. :cry:
Milla

Post by Milla »

oh how frustrating for you. That dread waiting and waiting and waiting for a letter never even to turn up. You must feel that part of your life is on hold. Do hope that there's good news tomorrow :lol:
cairo

Post by cairo »

No, nothing here either.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Is it worth ringing the schools direct, especially in regards to Pates which is not county controlled?
allovernow

Post by allovernow »

Spoke to the LEA this afternoon. No letters went out for delivery today due to "technical difficulties". They hope people will get them tomorrow or more likely Saturday or next week (!).

They refused flatly to give out information by phone and said schools were also not allowed to give updates until their letters had been sent.

*sigh* ....
Milla

Post by Milla »

oh "technical difficulties" well really! what, like someone sat on the franking machine, or they were all too busy catching up on Masterchef on the i-Player. Grrrr. Continued good wishes for good things in the mail, like whenever they can get their bits in gear!