2nd round allocations looming!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Midget Man

2nd round allocations looming!!

Post by Midget Man »

Thought I should start a new thread so those of us waiting on 2nd round allocations can post our new's here!

I am back to thinking of nothing else other than this time next week, I just sooo hope we can get our 1st choice and don't end up having to keep fighting by means of appeal. Not sure I could cope with still not having a school for any longer than next week :lol:
Cats12

Post by Cats12 »

Hi MM. Good idea the new thread. Really hope you get your place :) . Am less hopeful we will.
I do feel Bucks will do everything at each turn to put OOC to bottom of the pile, even though the OOCs help keep numbers at the grammars healthy. Such a high percentage who fail the 11+ get their grammar of choice and jump ahead of those OOCs who have passed it seems so unfair. Rant over :( :) :( :) :(
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

I know what you mean Cats, I just so hope we both get a place :D Just been looking at the cost of uniform and reading all their debating success :lol:
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

Cats12 wrote:...Such a high percentage who fail the 11+ get their grammar of choice and jump ahead of those OOCs who have passed it seems so unfair. Rant over :( :) :( :) :(
:oops: ... sorry we were one of those - DC got through on appeal x x x

I am keeping everything crossed for you both (Cats12/Midget Man) this waiting time is horrendous!!!

Best of Luck x x x
Heartmum x x x
Cats12

Post by Cats12 »

heartmum wrote::oops: ... sorry we were one of those - DC got through on appeal x x x

I am keeping everything crossed for you both (Cats12/Midget Man) this waiting time is horrendous!!!

Best of Luck x x x
thnks heartmum - I don't begrudge you I promise - just the system seems unfair, but i know that's the view from my side of the fence and there are reasoned arguments from the other side. Could do with a double headed emoticon!
Charl39

Post by Charl39 »

Midgetman & Cats12

Just wanted to say I've been following you too (my DD also in waiting list situation) and really got everything crossed for you in the second round. Hope you will be reporting good news very soon - not too long to go now.

All the very best of luck - your DC deserve it. :D
Charl39
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Hopefully no later than a week today we should receive a yay or nay!
Letter's will be sent 1st class on 13th April so fingers crossed we receive something the following day :)

I so don't want to have to go through the appeal route, but am going to look through the appeal thread's in the meantime to try and get up to speed on how to set it all out :lol:
Rose petal

Post by Rose petal »

Midget Man,

I know it may not be standard across the country, but have you checked that it is still ok to lodge an appeal. I say that because in Warwickshire the appeal deadline was 6th April.

Rose Petal
mumofboy

Post by mumofboy »

Hi Cats12
I agree with you. This whole experience has made our DS so disappointed. He is a high achiever and very determined. But he told me the other day that he understands now why so many people are “not botheredâ€
mumofboy

Post by mumofboy »

Hi Rose petal and Midget Man

I think MM is still OK to lodge an appeal as our second allocation is 13th April. But MM can check with the Bucks County Council.
Mum of Boy
Rose petal wrote:Midget Man,
I know it may not be standard across the country, but have you checked that it is still ok to lodge an appeal. I say that because in Warwickshire the appeal deadline was 6th April.
Rose Petal