Past exams & which types of questions to cover

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

amberalexandra

Past exams & which types of questions to cover

Post by amberalexandra »

Hi there, does anyone know if it is possible to get copies of previous 11+ papers eg. the one sat in Nov 09, 08 etc?
Also I'm a bit confused about which types to go over - have come across a site called *** Advertising Censored *** that has 21 types of questions but the Daughtry books I bought have many more than that. Does my daughter have to go through all the types in Daughtry or would the 21 on the *** Advertising Censored *** papers be enough? Help please! javascript:emoticon(':)')
capers123

Re: Past exams & which types of questions to cover

Post by capers123 »

amberalexandra wrote:Hi there, does anyone know if it is possible to get copies of previous 11+ papers eg. the one sat in Nov 09, 08 etc?
Also I'm a bit confused about which types to go over - have come across a site called *** Advertising Censored *** that has 21 types of questions but the Daughtry books I bought have many more than that. Does my daughter have to go through all the types in Daughtry or would the 21 on the *** Advertising Censored *** papers be enough? Help please! javascript:emoticon(':)')
I can answer the first part of the question: No.

The papers are kept secret, partly because the first paper may be reused in future years (which is why children are not allowed to write on the question paper - scribblings may put off children in future years). The second paper is specially written every year and contains question types that the children have not seen before in any of the practice papers.
Capers
Milla

Post by Milla »

don't be scared about that second paper thing though. My son did substantially better in the famous second paper. Would love to get my mitts on it!
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

Likewise, my DS did lots better in the second paper than the first. He said there were no types he did not recognise from previous papers. However, he was most unwilling to discuss the whole issue after the event and may just have been saying that to stop his over anxious mother from probing! :shock: :lol:
Milla

Post by Milla »

probing? us??
frustrated

Post by frustrated »

Our school's website has a link to sample questions for the SATS, but they are not from past test papers though, and are there to give an idea of what to expect, and also for the chance to practice a little.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now