SEN APPEAL FORM - ANYONE WITH EXPERIENCE - HELP REQUIRED

Advice on Special Needs and the 11 Plus Exams

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Morning Glory

SEN APPEAL FORM - ANYONE WITH EXPERIENCE - HELP REQUIRED

Post by Morning Glory »

In the process of submitting my SEN appeal form and just wondered if anyone knows how much information I should be submitting to them.

It states on the form Please provide us with the reasons as to why you think your child requires a statutory assessment and gives you a small box to write in what you need to - it does say please continue on a separate sheet if needed.

When I submitted the statutory assessment request to the LA, I wrote a 6 page letter, a summary of events from starting school to date with appendices (EP report, OT report etc.) which I put in a ring binder.

Should I send the same sort of thing in for the appeal or do I just need to summarise???

Any help or experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks

MG
Amber

Post by Amber »

I wonder whether you ought to put this in the appeals section, MG, as the collected great minds there probably know more than the rest of us put together.

Just a thought.

Good luck.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I don't know the answer to your question, but if anyone else doesn't either, I'd be tempted to do as you yourself suggested and send what you sent into the LEA with your original request. Better to send too much than not enough I think.

I do hope someone can come up with a definitive answer for you, but perhaps there aren't enough SEN parents on here, and of those that are, maybe the school, or other authority, initiated the statement (as happened with my elder dd).